Side Chapter: The Past

After Tengen explained the plan, everyone was getting ready. As he was putting makeup on the boys, Xenovia walked up behind him. "Hey Tengen, can I ask you something?" she asked him. "I don't want to have a kid with you, I'm taken by three girls you know" Tengen told her. "No it's not that, I want to know how Rengoku became a Hashira."

"Ask Rias, she was there" Tengen told her. "Huh?" everyone said. "What are you talking about?" Rias asked him. "Remember, you and your brother went to the Hashira headquarters two years ago. You guys attended the Hashira meeting that Rengoku made his first appearance."

"I don't remember this" Rias told him. Tengen sigh and put down the makeup tools. "Don't look at a mirror" he told to Issei who's face was covered in makeup. "Why? Is is that bad!?" Issei said. Tengen turn to the others and said "Before Rengoku became a Hashira, he was training Mitsuri to become a demon slayer-"

Flashback

 Tengen and the other Hashiras came to the Hashira headquarters to attend the Hashira meeting. The only Hashira there at the time were him, Gyomei, Sanemi, Giyu, and Shinobu. On the side was a boy who look like Shinjuro Rengoku. "It's been half a year my adorable swordsmen, how have you all been doing?" Oyakata asked them. "Fine!" everyone reasponded at the same time. 

"Things have gotten a lot more lonely since before, Muzan's strength is still growing as well. Forgive me for this, but I will be sending you all out on more missions in due time. I want you all to support each other and strive to achieve your duties more than before."

"Understood, by the way Oyakata, why is there a non pillar swordsman here? What happen to the flame pillar Shinjuro Rengoku?" Sanemi said, referring to the blond hair boy. Something that the Hashiras didn't know was that behind Oyakata were devils, also known as members of the Gremory family. Sirzechs wanted to meet Oyakata and decided to bring Rias along. Right now they were spectating the meeting, and they turn to see the blond boy sitting on the side.

"Father is-"

"Hey! Are you really fit to be a pillar stand in?" Sanemi asked the boy. The boy shivered and Oyakata said "Sanemi, don't pick on him too much. I called Kyojuro over so he can explain what happen."

"You must all be worried about Shinjuro, can you tell us how he's doing in his home?" Oyakata said. "I have no proof of this, but ever since my mother passed away, Shinjuro has lost all his will to fight. He has started drinking while on duty, and he is currently shutting himself inside his room drunk" Kyojuro said. 

"What an absolute shame, Shinjuro has served the pillars for a long time. But we're all in a position where we must stand together" Gyomei said. "He's also setting a bad example for our fighters. It's plainly affecting out morale, I suggest a flamboyant retirement" Tengen said. "We don't have enough pillars, but a drunkard won't be of any use to Oyakata either, so what do we do?" Sanemi said.

"That won't be an issue! If I become the flame pillar, then I'm sure my father will regain his motivation!" Rengoku said, raising his voice. Tengen chuckled and Sanemi said "Woah Kyojuro Rengoku, you sure have a lot of confidence. Being a pillar's not as sweet as you're recklessly proclaiming to be."

"Of course I know the promotion requirements of being a pillar!" Rengoku said. "Then show me your skills bitch" Sanemi said, standing up. "Sanemi" Gyomei said. "Gyomei please, and forgive me Oyakata" Sanemi said, as he rush at Rengoku. He swung a kick to his head and started swinging at him. "Sanemi!" all the pillars shouted.

"Be a pillar already! Start running around and finding demons! We have open pillar seats here, when will you get here? When will you sit here? Get right fucking to it you fucking dumbass!" Sanemi shouted. "Now come on! Hit me back, why don't ya?"