Return Of An Old Flame

Flashback

Rengoku was in a jewelry store waiting for someone to help him. A man came and said "Hello young sir, how may I help you?"

"Hi, I want to see some of your best wedding rings!" Rengoku said in his usual loud tone. "S-Sure thing sir" the man said, covering his ears because of  Rengoku's voice. He walk away and came back with some rings. "May I ask, who is the ring for?" the man ask. "It's for someone special to me. The women who's been begging me to make a child with her" Rengoku said, confusing the man.

"Well, I do hope things go well with you two" the man said. Rengoku pick up one ring, a blue gem one. "I'll take this one!" he said.

After leaving the store, he heard "Rengoku!" He turn and saw his girlfriend running up to him. "Xenovia!" Rengoku said, shock to see her there. She hugged him and said "What're your doing here?"

"I was just shopping for some groceries!" Rengokus said. "Oh, well if you're not busy, I was wondering we can go on another date" Xenovia told him. "It would be my pleasure" Rengoku said, as she gave him a kiss on the cheek. "I'll see you at seven, don't be late!" Xenovia said, as she started running in the other direction.

Rengoku sigh in relief as he look at the bag in his head. Suddenly he heard a caw from a crow. He turn and saw his crow there. "Go to Oyakata! He has a new mission for you! People are disappearing from the Mugen train!" it told him. Rengoku nodded and he put the bag in his pocket. He started running to Oyakata's home, thinking he was going to give the ring another time. Except, he never had the chance to.

End of Flashback

Xenovia didn't know what to do. The man in front of her was the person she love who she saw die in front of her. "Rengoku, is that really you?" Xenovia ask him. Rengoku chuckled and he took out his sword. "Flame Breathing First Form: Unknowing Fire!" he shouted as he ran at her. She dodge it and he said "I don't know who you are. Right now, you're just a bug who's in my way."

Xenovia choke on her tears as they ran down her face. "Xenovia, don't get distracted!" Giyu shouted at her. Rengoku ran at her slashing his sword at her. She dodge it again and she thought 'Can I even fight him? I don't want to loose him again."

"Fight me!" Rengoku shouted at her as he continue slashing at her. She continue dodging his attacks, making him furious. "Why don't you attack me!? I'm trying to kill you!"

"Because us swordsmen don't fight each other. That's what you told me" Xenovia said. Rengoku growl and said "I don't remember my past life! It doesn't matter what I said back then, because it's useless to me now!"

He slash her, cutting her chest. "Xenovia!" Tanjiro shouted as he dodge an attack from Akaza. She backed up but she shover her sword onto the ground. She put her hands over it and said "You may not remember me, but that doesn't matter, because that isn't Rengoku talking to me." Rengoku lick his lips as he jump on her and took a bite on her shoulder.

"No!" Tanjiro shouted. Xenovia groan a little from the pain but she didn't attack. Instead, she pulled Rengoku into a hug. He was confuse and she said "It's ok. You're with me now." He was going to attack her but then he stop.

Inside his mind, Rengoku was on his knees crying. "Xenovia" he said. "Why are you fighting back?" said a voice behind him. He turn around to see Muzan. "Because I know theirs people fighting for me" Rengoku said as he got on his feet. He took out his sword and said "I want to thank you Muzan."

"For what?" Muzan ask him. "For letting me see my mother again, but I have a baby to make" Rengoku said as he slash Muzan through the neck. Outside, tears started forming from Rengoku's eyes. He started crying and he hugged Xenovia back. "Please forgive me. I'm so sorry I laid my hands on you" he said.

Xenovia patted him on the back and said "It's fine, the only thing that matters is that you're back with me." They then look at each other before kissing each other. "Are you serious!? I'm about to die and you two are making out!?" Akaza shouted as he was trying to put his head back on his shoulder.

Rengoku stood on his feet and said "It's ok Akaza, you can rest now." Akaza nodded as he was turning into dust. Tanjiro turn to Rengoku and tears began forming into his eyes. He ran to Rengoku and gave him a hug. "Big brother Rengoku!" he cried out as Rengoku hugged him back. "It's ok Tanjiro, I'm back" he said.

He turn to Giyu and said "I like that mark on your face Tomioka." Giyu nodded and he joined the hug with them. "This is perfect! Miss Tamayo just discover the cure of turning demons back into humans. We can give it to you!" Tanjiro said. "You should take it and turn back to normal. I can't have a baby with a person with three eyes" Xenovia told him. 

Rengoku chuckled and said "I will once this battle is over."

Outside, Shinjuro felt his heart got heavy. "You're ok!?" Tengen ask him. "I'm fine, I just felt something" Shinjuro told him. 'This feeling, how is that possible?' he said in his head.

A/N: Rengoku is back! I don't know if most of you predicted of his return, but if you did good on you! How is the others going to react to his return? Find out next time!