A New Mystery in lumios (pt 3)

Crystal P.O.V
"Hurry!" Bonnie called. We ran In side the pokèmon lab and on cue ash just began yelling.
"Professor Sycamore are you here?!?"
"Anyone please help!" Bonnie called.
"Ash, Bonnie, Clement, Crystal what's wrong?" Stephanie came running down the stairs a male meowstick beside her. Ash looked at me, I nodded.
"I found it while we where walking here. We didn't know what to do with it" I explained holding the egg towards Stephanie.
"Ok good thing you brought it here, unfortunately Professor Sycamore isnt here at the very moment" Stephanie said taking the egg from me.
"Isnt there anything you can do at the moment?" Ash asked.
"We can take it into incubation but depending on how long it was out on the streets for. Depending on how much it can do" Stephanie said.
"We still have to try!" I said
"Hmp yeah that's right!" Bonnie explained.
"Ok then this way. Sofie call the professor!" Stephanie called running down a hall we where following her......
~~~
I looked at the egg on the outside of the room. I sighed. My phone began to ring. I picked up.
"Hello?" I asked.
"Are you Alright?" Diantha asked
"Yeah I'm fine. The egg is currently in incubation but Stephanie thinks it might not do much" I explained
"Ok stay there I'm on my way"
"Alright then bye" I said and hung up the phone...
"Is it going to be ok?" Bonnie asked looking at Clement.
"We need to wait Bonnie" Clement replied.... Diantha walked in a few minutes later.
"How is it looking?" Diantha asked.
"We don't know. Heck we don't even know what pokèmon it could be" I sighed. Stephanie walked out and turned to us.
"The egg is pretty close to hatching" Stephanie declared. I smiled.
"Do you know what pokèmon it could be?" I asked.
"Well looking at the egg pattern itself. I'm probably thinking a water type pokèmon. Like a feebas or a magikarp" Stephanie explained.
"But we have no way to determine that unless we where to find the D.N.A of the perents. But the only way to do that is by taking cells from the egg. But since the egg is close to hatching it's far to dangerous to risk it" Stephanie explained.
"What do you mean by risk it?" Clement asked
"It means it could damage the hatching process......or the pokèmon itself"