Chapter 3

Marinette's POV:

Chloe has beat me up before but nobody ever caught her doing it. I always covered the redness her slaps would leave on my cheeks with makeup and say my limping was from falling over from being too clumsy but my bloody nose wasn't exactly possible to cover with concealer.

I wake up in Adrien's arms and if I didn't want to cry from the pain I would be smiling so hard right now.

"Marinette, are you okay?" He asks.

"I'm fine.." I reply with a shakey voice because that is in fact a lie and he knows it.

I tear up and he hugs me in a way that's super tight but also careful because he doesn't want to hurt me.

"You're bleeding."

He says that like it's obvious, which it is but he said it in a way that made me feel dumb so I had to stand up for myself just in case I accidentally got a crush on Chloe's evil minion who only pretended to be really nice just to take me down.

"I said I'm fine." I got up which felt wrong because I didn't want to leave his arms at all. It also hurt like a bitch and I almost fell over but I'm standing and he's still on the floor so I feel like he doesn't have power over me. Which he definitely does.

He stands up and looks at me like he isn't Chloe's minion and just wants to help. He seems small. Not actually small because he's almost a foot taller than me and could probably snap me in half but small in the kind of way sadness makes you seem small.

He says "Please?" Which I never heard him say before because even though he's really nice, it's hidden behind some kind of bad boy persona. He skips class and pretends to hold the door open just to let it go in your face, he never did it to me but Nino has fallen victim to that joke millions of times.

He says it again "Please Marinette?"

My name coming out of his mouth sounds like poetry.

It's definitely not the time to think like this but I can't help but wonder what my name would sound like if he moaned it in my ear.

I want to cry again when he looks at me with worry in his eyes.

"Fine."

I agree mostly because the collar of my shirt is bloody and my head still really hurts and my cheek stings by also because I want to stay with him.

"We can go to my house if that's okay? Nobody's home-"

He cut himself off.

Why did he tell me there's nobody home?

I can't even think about the question for another second because my nose starts to bleed again.

"Okay but let's go before I bleed out."
I offer him a smile because even though I'm used to Chloe's beatings, he probably isn't so used to this much blood.

Adrien's POV:

I can tell Marinette is in a lot of pain because she's biting the inside of her cheek and as someone who may or may not have been staring at her in awe when she accidentally gave herself a paper cut, I know she does that when she's in pain, no matter how much of how little it hurts.

I ask her "Marinette, are you okay?"

"I'm fine.."

Why is she lying to me?

I give her a look "You're bleeding."

She gets kind of mad at me I think because she pulls away from me and the emptiness I feel in my arms where she once was feels cold.

She's insisting that she's okay but I know she's not. She doesn't seemed shocked though, Chloe definitely beat her up before. I should cataclysm her.

Usually I act like I don't care about stuff but Marinette is my soft spot.

"Please?"

Please?

I can't even remember the last time I said please.

"Please Marinette?"

She said "Fine." Less enthusiastically then I would have liked but that's alright.

"We can go to my house if that's okay? Nobody's home-"

Why the hell did I say that?

She thought it was weird too because she's looking at my all funny but then she snaps out of it.

"Okay but let's go before I bleed out."

She smiles at me and I smile back for her sake but I didn't find it funny at all.

I hate myself for thinking this but I can't help it.

Marinette is about to be in my house. With me. Alone.