Chapter 16

Tw: Bulimia/ ED

Adrien's POV:

Like I said, I've always wanted to make out in a hot tub but I didn't think it'd be this amazing.

We're hot in more than one way. Our bodies can't possibly get any closer. I'm kissing her like I've never kissed her before.

I don't choke her though, I just cup her face and rub circles on her back. I want her to feel safe and good. It's a softer kind of makeout.

The kind I think people in love have.

I pull away for a moment and put my forehead on hers, keeping my eyes closed.

"I love you."

I said it extremely quietly, but I know she heard me. I pray she says it back. She's known Adrien a lot longer than she's know Chat.

"I-"

She takes her forehead away and hugs me quickly.

She rests her head in the crook of my neck and we stay like that for a long time.

"It's okay, princess."

I don't want her to feel bad.

I keep my arms wrapped around her.

"Do you wanna go inside before we turn into rasins?" 

"O-Okay."

She gets off of me and even though I'm still under the hot, bubbling water, I feel cold.

We dry off and go inside and up to my room.

It's quiet.

"I can't say it back."

"What?"

"I can't tell you that I-"

I think I feel my heart physically crack.

She doesn't finish her sentence, but I know what she's talking about.

"I just need to figure some things out..."

I know she's talking about Chat. I need to tell her, I hate seeing her so upset when I know I could make all her confusion and worry go away in seconds.

"That's perfectly fine, princess. I promise."

That relaxes her a bit.

I know she can't tell either parts of me she loves me yet because as of now, she thinks I'm two different people but I want to hear her say it so bad.

We get dressed. I offer her another pair of sweatpants and shirt that's probably a million sizes too big since her underwear was soaked and I may or may not have gotten the rest of her clothes wet when I threw her in the pool.

She's sitting by my desk while I'm sitting on my bed.

"Do you wanna watch a movie?"

"Not really."

I don't know what else to offer.

My stomach growls.

Fuck.

She gives me a look.

"I don't want to."

"Adrien..."
She gives me a worried look.

"Stop, I really don't want to hear it."

Why am I being so rude?

"When did you eat last?"

Yesterday at the picnic.

"This morning."

Why am I lying to her?