Chapter 54

Marinette's POV:

I miss Adrien. I may or may not have possibly kept turning around excitingly to show him a sketch or something, forgetting he's on patrol.

Patrols on your own can be boring, but maybe he's having fun.

I really really get into the zone. I have 4 designs completely finished and I'm working on the 5th and final one.

I chew on my pen as I think of ideas for the 5th design.

Oh my God.

I got it!

I start viciously sketching as I hear a sound behind me, but I don't even have time to turn around.

It's just Adrien though. So at least I'm not getting murdered by some crazy guy crawling through my ceiling hatch.

I keep working on my sketch and I'm loving the idea more and more as each minute passes.

I bite my lip in excitement as I keep sketching.

Adrien's POV:

I want her to be finished so bad.

I cross my legs, trying to make myself small.

I actually drift off for a moment, I think. I'm exhausted.

I bite my nails and pick at my jeans until I can't take it anymore.

I get up and slowly walk to the bathroom.

I sit on the edge of her bathtub and look at her toilet seat.

I shouldn't.

I can't.

I'm going to.

No.

Yes.

"Fuck."

It was such a quiet whisper that I seriously doubt she heard me.

I kind of want her to hear me.

I want her to come in here and stop me from doing this to myself. I want her to touch my face with her soft hands and kiss me and tell me everything is okay.

I can't do this.

I wipe my face and walk out. She gives me absolutely no attention at all.

I almost sit back down on the couch, but instead I sit criss cross apple sauce next to her on the floor while she's in her seat working at her desk.

I thought maybe she would look at me or something, but she doesn't.

I lean my head on her lap but she rolls her chair away so she can grab something from far away that she couldn't reach.

I want to cry so bad right now.

I wipe my eyes and stand up before walking back over to the couch and laying down.

This time I'm sure.

I fall asleep.

Marinette's POV:

I'm so close to being done. I smile at my work so far and turn around to show Adrien, but he's curled up on my couch.

I turn back around in my chair and keep working until I hear something.

I turn around again because I thought it was Tikki or Plagg messing around, but they're no where to be found.

"Adrien?"

"Yeah-?"

His voice cracks. Has he been crying?

I get up and walk over to the couch. I crouch next to it and sit on the floor.
I still can't see his face because he's facing the wall so I rub his back.