Chapter 24

Adrien's POV:

"I literally have to tell Marinette that I kissed Ladybug as soon as I see her."

"But why? What she doesn't know won't kill her."

Plagg smirks while he eats his cheese.

"Why are you smiling like that?"

"I'm not."

He is.

"Just eat your cheese and shut up. I'm telling her."

"Fine, don't even hear me out then."

I know I probably won't agree with what he has to say but I'm curious.

"What?"

"Nope, too late now. You better get going if you wanna make it to the movies on time."

Oh shit, he's right.

I'm wearing my baggy black jeans with a white shirt and my white ankle converse.

I get in my car and head to the movie theater.

When I get there I see Nino and Alya standing outside.

"Hey you guys."

"Sup dude!"

"Hi Adrien."

They offer me welcome smiles for being a few minutes late but I guess it doesn't matter because Marinette isn't here yet.

"Have you guys talked to Marinette?" I ask.

"No, we were hoping that you talked to her. She hasn't been answering her phone." Alya replies.

"Is she okay?" I ask with a worried look.

"I'm sure she's fine dude, Marinette is always a bit late."

What if Lila or Chloe or someone stopped her on the street? What if she left the bakery door unlocked and someone broke in? What if-

I don't have another second to think of another horrible thing that could have been happening to my princess because she walks up behind me and grabs my hand.

"Hey guys! I'm sorry I'm late."

"What's new, girl?"

Marinette and Alya share a quick hug then we go inside.

"Oooo, let's get snacks!"

I tighten my fingers around Marinette's hand and she squeezes my hand twice in a row and for some reason it made me feel better.

She turns to Alya.

"Why don't you and Nino go get our seats and me and Adrien will get us some food?"

Alya and Nino disappear into the theatre.

"Thanks."

I say it quietly and she smiles at me.

"How about I get us a lemonade to share and another one for them then we can all share a large popcorn?"

I hesitate.

"Can we also maybe get some gummy worms?"

She smiles at me super wide then kisses my cheek before buying everything.

"Wait, let me pay."

"I got it, you paid for my ticket."

While we wait for the popcorn to...pop, we walk around and look at all the movie posters. She walks ahead of me and points at one.