Chapter 58

Adrien's POV:

I'm so tired. Marinette woke me up when class was over, but I woke up a few minutes before. I just didn't move so she would keep playing with my hair.

Now we're walking to lunch.

Her hand is squeezed tightly around mine as the only form of reassurance she can offer me at the moment.

"So- Can I come over after school?"

She asks nervously.

"Yeah. I think we should talk."

After I speak, she barely loosens her grip on my hand and looks forward instead of at me like she was just a moment ago.

"I'm gonna find Alya. I'll meet you at the table."

She hesitates to kiss my cheek and then rushes off.

Why is she acting so strange?

I chew the inside of my cheek as I walk forward alone for a few seconds until an arm is thrown over my shoulder.

"Hey Agreste."

Oh God.

"Hi Luka."

I don't know what made him so comfortable around me for him to allow himself to he so close to me, but he is.

"Is everything okay with Marinette?"

He asks very casually.

"Yeah, why?"

He makes a face at me.

"Given your answer, I assume you don't know anything about her crying."

I push him off of me.

"What??"

His eyes widen at me.

"I don't know. She got to the lunch table and whispered something to Alya and they both walked off. I followed them and Marinette was crying about you so I came to find you. So what'd you fucking do to her?"

Now my eyes widen at him.

"I- I didn't do anything! Where is she?"

"Did you break up with her?"

"What the fuck? No."

I guess he can tell that I'm genuinely surprised and had no idea she's upset.

"Come on, Luka. Where is she?"

I'm practically begging him even though my voice is stern.

"Locker room."

I burst into the locker room only to find Alya standing there and no Marinette.

"What happened??"

Alya walks up to me quickly and smacks me upside the head.

"Boy, what the hell is wrong with you?"

"Um. Ouch! What did I do? Where is she?"

"She got a call from her mom, she's right over-"

I try to hurry in the direction she slightly tilted her head at, but she grabs my arm.

"Wait a minute. Why the hell did you tell her you have to talk?"

"Huh??"

"You told her that. She asked to come over and you said you needed to talk."

"So??"

She makes a face at me suggesting I'm stupid which I guess I might be because I'm lost. I just want Marinette.