Chapter 53

Adrien's POV:

Marinette and I meet Alya and Nino at the burger place around 5pm. It was actually a bit later because we made out in the car before we left, but Alya and Nino were making out in his car when we got there anyway.

I knock on the window and watch Nino's body jolt in fear. Paybacks a bitch.

They walk out of the car and greet us.

"Hey dude!"

"Hi Nino."

"Hey girl!!"

"Hi Alya-!"

Nino and Marinette smile at eachother and we walk in.

I hold the door open for everyone and as Nino walks in, he kisses me on the cheek quickly.

"Thanks sweetheart."

And he winks.

I laugh as I wipe off his kiss.

We sit down and all order our food after getting our drinks.

"So what have you guys been up to today?"

Asks Alya as she takes a sip from her cherry pepsi.

I don't know how to answer because all we really did was attend a superhero thing and have sex. Neither of which I would like to discuss with Alya and Nino over dinner.

"Oh nothing really- We watched movies."

Technically, Marinette isn't lying. After the shower, we watched movies until we had to leave.

"How exciting."

Nino's condescending voice is quickly blown aside as the girls start talking.

Nino and I talk about his music playlists until our food gets here.

We all got cheeseburgers and fries, except for Alya who got onion rings.

I'm so hungry. We haven't eaten anything since the brunch that was cut short because of that artist guys temper tantrum.

I don't think about it for too long. I pick up the burger and take a big bite.

We laugh as we enjoy our meal.

This burger is so fuckin delicious. And you know what? I don't care about the calories. And I don't do mental math in my head about how many sit ups to do to counter act the meal. I just enjoy the last few bites.

"Wow Adrien, You scarfed that down. Nobody was gonna take it from you. You want another one? We'll just role you outta here."

Nino laughs the whole time he speaks.

He doesn't know, but I don't care.

Why'd he say that?

What do I say back?

I'm just staring at him.

I can feel Marinette's eyes on me. I can also feel her hand grabbing mine, but I pull away and stand up quickly like I'm in a hurry to be somewhere.

"I just remembered- I actually have um- I have to do something. Really fast. I'll meet you guys there. Okay."

I can feel myself starting to cry.

I throw a $20 bill on the table which I know is enough to cover mine and Marinette's food and rush off towards the door.

"Adrien- Wait!"

Marinette's voice cracks though the air all the way to my ear, but I don't wait. I just open the door and let it slam behind me.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.