Chapter 10

Marinette's POV:

I fall asleep on my couch after Chat left but I moved over slightly so I was now laying on the warm spot he left on my furniture.

In the morning, I actually woke up on time and got ready for school while Tikki followed me around freaking out.

Thankfully she didn't witness everything that happened with Chat yesterday because as soon as he got there, she went straight to the balcony but she still knows what happened because she's kinda like my therapist or moral compass or whatever so I told her what happened. Mostly.

"Marinette~ I have a bad feeling about this!"

"What? You don't like Chat?"

"No! I really like Chat Noir, you know that, but this seems wrong."

"But it's not though, I told Chat I liked him and also Adrien. I'm being honest with him, Tikki."

I guess that's good enough to please her because she smiles and rolls her eyes like she does and flies into my purse.

I get to school and although I shouldn't, I am really excited to see Adrien.

He's standing with Alya and Nino and to be honest, it takes me by surprise because I'm usually here before him even when I'm late.

"Hey guys."
I say it fast so nobody can say anything first about why I'm so early.

"Someone's early."

Damnit Alya.

"Oh yeah, I just woke up a little early, that's all."

I look at Adrien for a second and his eyes were already on me.

"Hi Marinette."

He says it shyly.

"Hey."

He looks sad.

"Can we talk for a minute?

Please.

"Yeah, I mean- I guess."

He walks me to the locker room and we're alone. Again. I think I should be scared of something because of what happened here yesterday but I'm not. Because I'm with him. I know he'll keep me safe.

"So- What did you want to talk about?"

I know exactly what he wants to talk about.

"You know what."

"It's whatever, Adrien. It's not like we're married."

"Yeah but it's not like we're nothing."

Does that mean we're something?

"What are you talking about?"

"I didn't fuck Lila!"

He did not have to get so loud.

"Then why did she text you that??"

"Her and Chloe are working together probably, I dont know but- Marinette-"

He holds his pinky out to me and suddenly he looks kinda like Chat Noir but only for a second because there's absolutely no way they're the same person. I would know.

"I pinky promise."

I believe him. I wrap my pinky around his, but for some reason I'm still kinda mad but I don't know why.

"Fine."

"You on the other hand-"

Oh fuck.