Chapter 49

Adrien's POV:

Marinette is like a drug. I'm without a doubt addicted to her. I need her to live probably.

Her hands, her lips, her body; they all provide me with unimaginable pleasure...But...

"Jesus-!"

I quickly jerk and pull away from her touch out of shock.

"What the hell is that?"

She asks as I turn to the smoking pot of burnt noodles.

"Smoke alarm."

She holds back laughter until she can't contain it anymore and burst out in giggles.

I quickly turn off the stove and move the pot to the side.

I turn to Marinette with flushed cheeks.

"So um- How does cereal sound?"

She smiles.

"Perfect."

I can't help but fixate on the thought of Marinette's hands on my body. The way she touches me. God, she knows I'm wrapped around her finger.

We eat bowls of cereal on the couch as we watch an episode of some show she picked out.

When we finish our cereal, I take both of our empty bowls and set them on the coffee table.

She lays down and places her head on my lap, giving me perfect access to play with her hair as the episode came to an end.

"Wanna watch another-? Marinette?"

I look down to see her asleep.

I smile as her face rests calmly.

She's beautiful.

I lean down and kiss her head before attempting to get comfortable without moving my legs. It's difficult and my neck will kill me in the morning, but I let myself fall asleep anyway as soon as I cover her with a blanket that was draped on the side of the couch.

I wake up to Marinette shaking me gently.

Is it morning? Is there an akuma attack?

"What's wrong?"

I ask.

"Don't be mad."

She looks so scared. Like she wants to cry.

"Marinette- What happened?"

She makes herself small as she fidgets with her fingers and crosses her legs in her lap.

"I had a dream that it was happening all over again."

I'm so tired.

"That what-?"

Oh.

She means Felix.

"Oh- Oh Marinette."

I pull her closer to me and hold her head.

She softly cries into my chest which makes sense. I rub her back and rock her slowly.

"I'm sorry- I shouldn't have woken you up."

She pulls away from me.

Come back here.

I shift myself so I'm laying down and she's laying on top of me on my couch. I cover us with the blanket and hold her close to me.

"Hey- It's okay. I swear, I don't mind."

She buries her face into the crook of my neck as her breathing relaxes and she's not as tense.