Chapter 63

Adrien's POV:

After the hike, we went back to our tents and Nino and I started the fire while the girls prepared everything for hot cocoas once the fire was going.

"That should be good." I say.

"Alright! Here girl."

Alya hands Marinette the small pot that was filled with 4 mugs worth of milk.

She sets it on the fire and stirs occasionally until its warm. We all talk and laugh as Marinette melts pieces of chocolate into the pot.

A few hours go by and we're all super tired. Well- Nino and Alya are tired. Marinette and I were pretty okay since we napped earlier.

"We're gonna go ahead and get into our sleeping bags in the tent. Big day tomorrow." Says Nino.

It took me a second to remember that "big day tomorrow" meant hiking 9 miles.

Yay.

"Goodnight guys."

"See you tomorrow."

Marinette and I wish them good night as we continue giggling as we cuddle by the fire.

"That is not how it went!"

She gasps at me as she accuses me of bending the truth.

"Yes! That's exactly what happened!"

"No no! I had to swing across the city and then-!"

Ruffling from Alya's and Nino's tent causes us to quiet down as we get up from the fire and go for a walk.

Fun fact. Marinette is super scared of the dark. She told me once way before we knew our identities. It was a night patrol and I was late because of my father. She punched me in the arm. Not hard, but she made me promise to never be late for a night patrol again.

And I never was.

I feel her pushing herself against me in attempt of simmering down her fear. She squeezes my hand tightly.

"Someone scared?"

"Shut up."

I quickly jump infront of her and scare her causing her to flinch.

"Adrien!!"

I chuckle as I pull her close and wrap my arms around her.

"Don't worry, my lady. I'll protect you."

She hugs me back and kisses my cheek. She pauses for a moment. She moves down. She starts kissing my neck.

Oh God.

She stops and pulls away, she smiles and grabs my hand tightly again before she keeps walking.

Wait. Wait, what.

I'm literally buffering right now.

"Marinette?"

"What! What is it?!"

She attaches to me quickly, accidently knocking me off balance so I fall over, with her on top of me.

"Aghh- Wh-"

She cuts me off.

"What is it? What is it?"

I respond to fast voice with a loud one.

"What is what??"

"Why'd you say my name like that!"

Because I want you now.