Chapter 4

Marinette's POV:

I want to hug him.
I want to be in his arms again.
I want to kiss him.
I want to thank him in some way for stopping Chloe and Sabrina.

We're still standing in the locker room looking at eachother like we're scared of looking away.

"Adrien..?" I say out loud, at least I think.

"Yeah?" He replies so I know I actually said it.

"Thanks- um, thank you. For you know-"

He hugs me.

He smells like wood.

I love him, I think.

I hug him back and tear up because I can't even remember the last time someone hugged me like this.

I pull away first but only because everything hurts so bad.

He smiles but it's sad like he's a little boy and I just took away his teddy bear.

"C'mon."

Is he holding my hand?

He is. He literally is. Adrien Agreste is holding my hand.

I don't know why but I'm definitely not complaining.

We walk to his car without interruption because class already started and nobody was in the hallways.

He opens the door for me and I look at him.

"I'm not gonna close it in your face, just get in."

I do as he says.

Adrien's POV:

I'm not gonna lie, I am slightly offended that she thought I would slam the door in her face when she's in her current condition, but I can't blame her. I never did it to her but probably every other person in our class.

As we get closer to my house, my palms get sweaty and I wipe them on my jeans which she definitely noticed and it makes me blush a little.

"We're here."

"Thanks again."

I can tell she wants to cry and it breaks my heart.

"Anything for you, Marinette."

We go inside and up to my bathroom since that's where the first aid kit is.

I pick her up and place her on the sink counter and again, I hate myself for it, but it turns me on only a little to think that if she wasn't hurt, maybe something else would be happening right now.

"Marinette..?"

She only looks at me for a few second then speaks but they're barely words because she's crying just like she was when Chloe hit her.

"I'm sorry! I- I should go! I-"

She jumps off the counter but because I was standing right in from of her she just pushed herself closer to me so her chest is against mine.

I wrap one arm around her and the other around her head and shush her. Not like I'm telling her to be quiet but like I'm trying to calm her down and it works because she starts to hug me back and relaxes her breathing.

"Chloe- she's hurt you before, hasn't she?"

Please say no.

"Yes."

I hold her tighter and pick her up and place her back on the counter.

"Why don't you tell anyone? She would get suspended and you wouldn't have to deal with her anymore."

"That isn't exactly how I would talk about my childhood best friend."

"That's how I would talk about someone who hurt you."

Her eyes got big, that's a good thing right?

I clean up the blood around her nose and by now her cheek isn't really red but it still feels like it needs some kind of healing and maybe my wish came true and her pain became mine because I must have some kind of brain injury to do what I did next because something possessed me to kiss her cheek.

"Sorry-" I said it softly like I didn't mean it because if I'm being honest, I didn't. I wanted to kiss her again.

She smiles "It's okay, um- you kind of saved me earlier so-" Then she turns to look at herself in the mirror.

"I look so...horrible."
She looks away like she's going to cry again so I grab her face and make her look at me because I have to convince her someone to see herself like I do.

"You're the most beautiful girl I have ever seen."

She looks less sad and more...something?

Is she going to kiss me?

Marinette's POV:

I could tell Adrien got upset when I hesitated to get in his car because I thought he would pull the door prank on me, but he didn't.

On the drive to his house, he seemed nervous. He even wiped his hands on his jeans from the sweating.

Why was he nervous?

When we got to his bathroom, he picked me up and put me on his sink counter which I may or may not have imagined before. Obviously he wasn't about to patch up my wounds but the scene was still there.

"Marinette..?"

He thinks I'm pathetic, doesn't he?

"I'm sorry! I- I should go! I-"

I jump off the counter to leave but because he was standing right in from of me, his chest is now against mine which I swear wasn't my intention.

He wraped one arm around me and the other around my head and shushes me but in a good way.

"Chloe- she's hurt you before, hasn't she?"

Just tell him no.

"Yes."

He puts me back on the counter and looks at me.

"Why don't you tell anyone? She would get suspended and you wouldn't have to deal with her anymore."

"That isn't exactly how I would talk about my childhood best friend."

"That's how I would talk about someone who hurt you."

He's so good.

He's everything good in the word smushed into one 17 year old boy with gorgeous and long blonde hair and dark green eyes.

He cleans the blood off of me and I guess he thought my cheek would be jealous of my nose because he kissed it.

Adrien Agreste kissed me on the cheek.

He apologized.

Don't ever apologize for that again.

I look in the mirror and want to cry because I'm finally alone with this beautiful boy and I look like this. I must have said something implying otherwise because he grabs my face.

"You're the most beautiful girl I have ever seen."

I want to kiss him so bad.