Chapter 14

Chat Noir's POV:

I wake up before Marinette and probably before everyone else in Paris because the sun isn't even out yet.

She's so warm and soft and she's wearing my clothes.

A part of me wants her to turn around and open her eyes and finally know I'm Adrien.

I pull her closer and run my middle and ring finger up and down her arm softly which wakes her up but it really wasn't my intention.

"Kitty?"
She says it quietly.

"Sorry princess, I didn't mean to wake you."
My voice is slightly raspy. I hope she's one of those girls who like morning voices.

"It's okay."
Her voice is soft.

I cuddle her back to sleep.

"I love you so much- I know you're asleep already but I promise I will love you forver, princess. I promise it's gonna get so much easier for you. I swear. I'll talk to Ladybug, okay? I want to tell you who I am."

I thought maybe for a second she was still awake but she wasn't.

Eventually I fall back asleep too.

Marinette's POV:

"Kitty?"

I wake up but barely.

"Sorry princess, I didn't mean to wake you."
His voice is raspy and I find it kind of sexy but I'm too tired to do anything but blush a little.

"It's okay."

He brings me closer to him and I cuddle into his arms. I look at his hands. I forgot that he wasn't in his suit. He's just him. In the flesh.

His hands look so familiar and I can't stop looking at his ring. I know I have seen it somewhere and then I remember I'm I'm literally Ladybug and have worn his miraculous before.

I'm about to kiss his hand but then he starts to speak.

"I love you so much- I know you're asleep already but I promise I will love you forver, princess. I promise it's gonna get so much easier for you. I swear. I'll talk to Ladybug, okay? I want to tell you who I am."

He thought I was asleep but I wasn't. He wants to tell me his secret identity? Why? Why now?

Everything is happening too fast. He has come to my house for the last 2 nights, told me he loved me, fingered me like it's his fucking job which I kinda wish it was and I'm supposed to go over to Adrien's in a few hours.

This is so unlike me.

It all went by so fast. I love him too. How can I love him if I just met him. Well. I mean I have known him for years but not as Marinette.

Then it hit me.

I love him because I've known him for so long as my alter ego.

What if he loves me because he's known me for so long as his civilian self?

I need to sleep.

Chat Noir's POV:

When I wake up the second time, the sun is finally out. I can hear traffic but the sound of Marinette's cute yawn drags all my attention back to her.

"How'd you sleep, princess?"

She starts to turn around, probably forgetting that I'm not in my suit so I quickly hide my face behind her back and remind her even though I don't want to.