Chapter 38

Marinette's POV:

I know I get like super weird and sad and mean on my period, but it's not usually this bad.

Adrien wraps his arms and legs around me.

"We're gonna stay here like this until you calm down."

I push him away.

"I am calm, shut up."

Before pulling myself close to him again.

I realize I told him I hate him earlier and even though I obviously didn't mean that, it still could've hurt his feelings.

"Adrien..?"

"Yeah?"

"You know I love you, right?"

He's falling asleep but still manages to answer me.

"Mhm, yes princess."

I bite my lip in a way that's more worried then sexual.

"No like I- I really love you. I never thought I would love someone like this- I just- I don't actually hate you. I swear. You're-"

He covers my mouth with his hand.

"Shut up already, I love you too, princess."

He takes his hand away and kisses my forehead all while his sleepy eyes remain shut.

I'm not too tired, givin I napped half the day, but dealing with me was probably exhausting so I just let him fall asleep wrapped around me.

I stay very still other than the finger I'm using to twirl his hair.

We stay like that for a while.

He only moves when he jolts awake and looks around the room in a panic.

"What- What the fuck happened?"

It scares the shit out of me.

He relaxes immediately after he looks at me, but now he looks sad.

"Adrien- What the hell?"

He tries catching his breath while leaning on his wrists and letting his head fall back.

"Sorry, sorry."

He covers his face with one hand momentarily.

"I um- I had a nightmare."

He gets embarrassed I think.

"What was it about?"

He leans forward. His legs are straight infront of him as his elbows rest on his thighs. His hands holding up his face like support beams.

He doesn't answer but he tenses up.

I rub wide circles on his back, causing him to steady his breathing.

"We were fighting a villain, but we couldn't capture the akuma. I tried to save you, but I couldn't. I couldn't protect you. I couldn't help you. They were hurting you. You were screaming and-"

I don't need to hear the rest and he doesn't need to re-live his bad dream so I cut him off.

"I'm okay, my kitty. I'm right here."

I hug his back and I can feel him start to cry.

"You're okay, Adrien. I promise. We're both okay."

My attempt of comfort works, I think because he turns around and hugs me even though his crying is getting worse.

"I'm so sorry-"