Chapter 30

Adrien's POV:

My hand fits perfectly into hers, I think. Like we were made from molds. I rub my thumb on the back of her hand as our fingers lay intricately intertwined.

She said she wanted me to pick where we eat, but I want to make sure she's happy with the decision too.

"Do burgers sound good to you?"

I shouldn't sound so nervous.

"And fries!"

I smile at her and give her hand a small squeeze.

"Well duh, of course fries."

I pull into the drive through of some random new burger place across town.

Nino told me their burgers were "killer" and I haven't gotten around to testing his theory.

I order 2 cheeseburgers and 2 medium fries.

"Will that be all?"

Replies the minimum wage paid worker through the speaker. I turn to Marinette who has a big smile on her face.

"Can I have a milkshake pleaseee?"

I smile as I tangle my fingers though the hair in the back of her head as I lean over and order a....

"Strawberry!"

One strawberry milkshake.

Once we get our meals and the smell of fast food fills my nose, I get really fucking scared. Like actually frightened. Marinette's holding the to-go boxes in her hand so I can't just grab her hand like I would like to do.

I drive to an empty parking lot that's facing the Eiffel Tower. It's pretty far in the distance, but you can still see it's beauty.

Marinette smiles at me as she hands me my food.

"Here's some ketchup."

She gives me a couple ketchup packets and sticks her straw in her milkshake before picking it up and taking a sip.

"Mmm! This is so good!"

She looks at me.

"You can try some if you want."

She puts it back in the cup holder which I really appreciate because I can think about my answer without her waving a really delicious looking milkshake in my face.

We both open our boxes that reveal cheeseburgers and french fries.

She picks her burger up and takes a bite as we find ourselves falling into a conversation about how we both love the beach as I take small bites of my fries.

"Yeah and when I was really little-"

She stops mid sentence.

"What?"

She makes a sort of disgusted face and takes the top bun off her burger.

"Ew, I hate pickles!"

She picks them off.

"Really?? I love them."

She smiles as she takes the top bun off of my untouched burger and places her pickles on it before setting the bun back on top.

"Extra pickles for, Mr.Agreste."

She giggles as she takes a fake bow in the passenger seat of my car.

"Weirdo."

I love her.

I pick up my burger and take a bite.