I don't know

Feeling my breath hitch in my throat I looked to Tom who was stood with his face passive look at Professor Trelawney away from the crowd while everyone else had rushed down to the professors side.He had done this!When he noticed me looking he rushed out of the room and I followed having to run down the steps after him.

"Tom!"I yelled after him as he took long strides to get away from me.

"THOMAS MARVOLO RIDDLE!"I had had enough of him ignoring me now he was going to listen to me.I had put up with enough for him.Annoyingly he kept his cool and slowed to a stop,turning to look up at me innocently.

"Yes?"His voice was calm and that really bugged me.How could he be so calm after his pet basilisk got out of the bloody chamber where it was supposed to stay.

"Why?!"I asked walking down a few more steps to get closer to him,putting my hand on his which rested on the railing.I had expected him to flinch or move away from my touch but he just stayed there for a few moments staring at me.

"I don't know"He replied with a frown backing away and gone before I could say anything more.I wanted to go after him,and know what the hell was going through his head when he let the basilisk out of the chamber but that would have to wait.

"Clara!"Peneloopes voice behind me broke me from my thoughts and she gestured to the classroom with her head.

"She needs help we can sort Tom out later"I nodded and followed after her up the stairs.

An hour later

Professor Trelawney was now safely in the hospital wing and the herbology teacher was now busy making mandrake juice to help her,but it could be a matter of months as the mandrakes haven't fully matured yet.It would mean we would be having someone else teaching us Divination.

"Well at least I don't have detention with her now!"Penelope exclaimed beside me excitedly as we walked back to the Slytherin common room.

"Yeah but you will have to have one when she wakes up,unfortunately the victims still remember everything before the attacks but not the exact moment they meet eyes with the ba-"I cut myself off forgetting that Penelope didn't know about the gigantic monster roaming around the school petrifying and potentially killing muggleborns...all under Toms command.

"Meet eyes with the what?"

"Uh...you know I don't know what I was going to say now,oh well"I made a quick excuse making sure to not raise any suspicons but Penelope was already just that.

"Nooo you don't ever forget what you are going to say.Come on spill!"She crossed her arms over her chest,with a crinkle on her forehead appearing.

"You know I don't think I will..."Cocking an eyebrow at the now smiling Penelope I ran off towards next lesson Defense against the dark arts.I ran into the classroom with a smile on my face and Penelope yelling after me,causing the class to look up at the sound,including the professor who raised an eyebrow at us.

"Sorry professor we were just making sure that Professor Trelawney was going to be alright"I muttered, quickly taking a seat,the only one left was next to Victoria who was now back in classes to help get her grades up.

"Oh great"I mumbled more to myself than anyone else but she heard.

"Everything alright Pevensie?"She smiled sweetly and I rolled my eyes ignoring her,taking a seat and opening my book so that I could answer the questions.

"Whats the time?"Penelopes voice broke through the silence of the classroom who were hard at work as they were all scared of this teacher.Before the professor could answer someone cut him off.

"Time you get a watch"It was one of Victorias friends*cough,cough* followers,she was smirking and Victoria scoffed beside me.

"Time you get a new joke!"I snapped back in reply from my best friend who was turning pink in embarrassment.At that the whole class either laughed or turned to their friends to mutter jokes about the situation.

"SILENCE!"The professors voice boomed through the classroom and everyone hushed down.

"Come tomorrow lunch all of you for half and hour!"He grumbled clearly annoyed as he sat back in his seat continuing marking work.Most people emitted groans of annoyance.

"Shut up or you will be here for the whole of lunch"

After the lesson had ended and break began,I packed my bag and walked out only then realizing that Tom had not been in the class.But I wasn't bothered I knew exactly where he would be.Entering the common room which was empty I walked towards the sofa where sure enough he sat with his head in his hands.

"Tom?"I said softly,sitting next to him and putting a hand on his shoulder with only the fire light to see.He flinched and moved away from my touch rushing towards the boys dormitories.

"Wait!"I stood up and took a few steps towards the now still Tom who had managed to climb a few steps.

"Just hear me out"He turned around and without uttering a word sat back down onto the green plush sofa.

"I know its been hard for you,but that doesnt mean you can go around taking your anger out on other people"I sat on my knees on the rug and took his hands in mine which actually made him look at me.

"Have you been crying?"I whispered raising my hand and wiping the salty tears away.

"Whats wrong?"I frowned at him as he took one his hands out of mine and used it to stroke my cheek.

"I just don't want to lose you"