Lovebirds

The next morning I woke up to someone gently shaking me,it was only after a few moments that I realized it was Tom who was shaking me awake.I groaned and rolled over away from him and right off the bed onto the stone floor.

"Ow"I mumbled and sat up hearing Tom laughing on the bed.I stood up and fake glared at him before walking over to my school uniform which was neatly laid out on my chest.I quickly changed not minding if Tom saw me half naked after all he was my fiancee,the room was silent apart from the sound of me changing.I smirked he was watching me change.

"Tom stop looking and more changing,in case you didn't know we have a lesson with Sluggy and you know how he is when we are late"I said just as I brushed my hair out letting it fall nicely below my shoulders.I heard footsteps behind me and felt arms go around my waist.

"Fine,but I would rather stay here with you"Tom muttered as he kissed the side of my head and left the room to go to his and change.I smiled I really did have the best fiancee in the world.I grabbed my school bag and waited for Tom who not long afterwards came down.He took my hand and together we walked into the classroom where we were indeed late.It certainly earned us stares as Professor Slughorn stopped talking to the class and everyone turned around in their seats to look at us.Victoria seemed to be the first to notice the engagement ring on my finger and glared but I just ignored her,as Tom once said she was just jealous.

"Ah Tom,Clara I was wondering where you two were"Slughorn eyed us suspiciously probably thinking up scenarios as to why we were late that very second and as we arrived together,well he most likely thought we had been up to no good.

"Sorry Professor we overslept"Tom replied as we took our seats and Slughorn nodded,continuing on with the lesson on love potions.After what seemed like forever he set the class to create a love potion in pairs on their tables.I got the ingredients while Tom dealt with the curious few who dared to ask questions.Just as I got back to our table Slughorn walked over and shooed the people who were gathered around listening to Tom tell them complete nonsense.

"Now you two I am afraid I have to inquire as to why you were really late,my curiosity has gotten the better of me"I stopped what I was doing and glanced at Tom who looked extremly calm.To avoid extra questions I hid my left hand behind my back but not before the silver caught Slughorns eye.He gently pulled it out from behind my back much to my dismay and looked like it was his birthday.

"Merlins beard!Tom you have done yourself well!You know I always knew there was chemistry between you two"Slughorn exclaimed and I repressed a laugh while Tom didn't even bother to hide his smirk.

"Now I will leave you two lovebirds to make a love potion together but from the looks of it you won't be needing any"The happy professor left us alone and the second he was out of earshot we burst out laughing.

"Merlins beard!Tom you done yourself well!"I mimicked Sluggy and burst into another set of laughter.It was a fun lesson we had laughing and stealing kisses as we made the love potion.After the potion was done the whole class was silent with anticipation as Slughorn walked around the room checking the potions.

"This is not quite right"He muttered writing a few notes down as he checked Victoria's and I smirked,she was much too full of herself.

"Well done,this is perfect you two!"Slughorn exclaimed after testing ours.He awarded us 10 points each for Slytherin.Once the class was dismissed we had defense against the dark arts which we also had with Penelope.

"Clara!Tom!"Penelope was huffing and puffing trying to catch up with us when we were right outside the classroom.

"Is it true?"She wheezed out with her hands on her knees.

"Is what true?"I questioned as she finally got her breath back and stood up straight.

"That you and Tom are engaged!"She looked like she was about to burst and I chuckled,nodding at my friend who squealed happily making a few people glance at her with frowns as they passed by.

"Oh my gosh!I am so happy for you both!"

"Wait how did you know?"I asked frowning I had no idea that news traveled that fast around the school but obviously it did.

"Oh I heard from Fran who found out from..."She began to blabber on about who found out from who and I put my hand on her shoulder cocking an eyebrow at Tom who smiled.

"Penelope it really doesn't matter I was just curious,now come on we better go or we will be late for the second time today"I walked ahead of the both into the class as everyone yet again turned to us.

"Oh great"I muttered feeling Tom take my hand and lead me in which reassured me that I wasn't alone in this.The professor raised his eyebrows at us as we put our bags down at the side of the room beside the others but carried on with the class anyway.

"Now today we will be practicing how to duel,it is very important that you know how to protect yourself from your foes.How about we have a pair duel each other...how about Clara...and Victoria"I looked to the the girl who was on the other side of the room as she looked smug and walked into a free space taking out her wand.I hesitantly walked in front of her taking out my wand and pointing it at her while the teacher circled us.

"This duel will consist of disarming only,no other spell is to be shot at the other which could harm either of you,it that understood?"

"Yes professor"We chorused together and I glared at my enemy while she merely smirked and shot a stunning spell at me which I easily deflected.

"I said disarm only!"The teacher hissed and I raised my eyebrows at Victoria who took a ready stance.I decided that as Victoria had been planning to stun me that she had this coming.

"Levicorpus!" I pronounced the spell and seconds later a white flash of light appeared and Victoria was dangling by her ankles.The class clapped and the teacher congratulated me while I smirked at Victoria,walking back to my place where I had been stood before beside Penelope and Tom.

"That was good!"Penelope congratulated me as I came to a stop beside her.Before anyone could react Victoria was on the floor,picking up her wand  and shooting a hex at me.I flew across the room and into the stone wall,hitting my head and falling to the ground unconscious.