Warnings from the future

The next morning I was sat eating some toast next to Penelope who was wolfing down her food like she had never been fed in her life and I snickered causing her to look up.

"What?"She asked and I rolled my eyes smirking.

"Do you ever stop eating?"I laughed as she shook her head no,we didn't have time for more as the headmaster silenced us stepping in front of the podium.

"Now everyone I would like to announce the new prefects and head of each of the houses"Professor Dippet unrolled a piece of parchment and cleared his throat before reading out the names.

"Jasmine Gilbert for Hufflepuff will be head girl,George Vernon will be head boy for hufflepuff..."It was getting boring so I sort of dazed out until I heard Toms name and clapped,he was the new head boy for Slytherin,he sat back down and professor Dippet announced the people who were going to be prefects for Slytherin.

"Penelope Fudge and Clara Pevensie will be the new prefects this year for Slytherin"Professor Dippet announced and I couldn't move,I never expected this.Penelope dragged me up to the front happily as Professor Slughorn gave us our badges and sat back down on the bench.I caught Victoria glaring at me and I rolled my eyes at her while Professor Dippet gave us some encouragement for the new term.

"What have you got?"Penelope asked and when I opened my timetable I groaned.First lesson back and we had Divination. 

"Divination"I mumbled and Penelope grabbed my hand practically dragging me up the steps to the class.

"Cant we be anywhere but here?"I muttered to her as we lined up on the steps just as Professor Trelawney came out of the class and ushered us in.As usual I sat next to Penelope but Tom sat closer than usual and Victoria sat further away. 

"Welcome back everyone!"Professor Trelawney exclaimed enthusiastically while everyone else groaned probably thinking that this time last week they were at home happy and doing absolutely nothing.

"Right...well lets get started shall we,open your books to page 43 please"I opened my book and saw that it was stuff on predictions like how many kids we will have,who we will marry and when we will die.My eyes flickered to Tom who was already looking at me.What would we do?We had made horcruxes we would never die unless they were destroyed.I instinctively felt for my necklace around my neck and felt it through my robes.Good, I wouldn't risk losing it.

"Now drink up!"Professor Trelawney's voice broke me from my trance and I gulped down the tea putting it back down as professor Trelawney came over to me.Ugh why does she always pick on me.She gasped and nearly dropped the cup.

"You have gone even deeper on the path of darkness,what you have done will ruin your life forever...You must promise me my dear not to go any further,return to the light let it bring you back to us"She put the cup down and took my hands while everyone stared at me.

"You will have a child,but she will never be happy because the path you chose,the love of your life will be killed and you my dear child will be left alone in the dark and lonely world lingering on forever..."Professor Trelawney's eyes seemed to be misted and I tried to pull away from her only to see the dark black eyes of Tom.

"You left...so many times,you took our sweet child with you!Why!Why!"

"Professor Trelawney?"I questioned her sanity as her now black eyes stared into mine and made me nervous of what was happening.Her hand reached up and stroked my cheek.

"You always were beautiful"She commented and walked over to Toms table who had wide eyes in shock. 

"I was so,so stupid to let her leave,you must promise you will take care of her,take care of them both,don't let them leave otherwise you will regret it forever.This will be your last chance and the last time I can come back to try and mend my mistakes."It was no longer professor Trelawney's but a voice similar to Toms but one that sounded pained and filled with regret.Tom took out his wand and moved in front of me when professor Trelawney tried to move back over to me.

"Your not feeling well enough to teach today professor,I think you should go to the hospital wing at once."

"Oh but I am Tom,I am,I just wanted to warn you of the many mistakes you will make,that I made,once you have made them you will not be able to go back,and then you will lose everything including Clara"I frowned at the teacher who seemed possessed by something as she looked at me and smiled.

"I love you Clara never forget that"She said shortly before fainting and landing with a thud on the floor.

"What was that all about?"I asked as I stood and the class gathered around Professor Trelawney who was out cold.

"Tom?"He grabbed his bag and rushed out of the classroom,I did the same and ran after him down the steps.

"Tom you don't think what she said meant anything do you?"

"LIKE WHAT?!"Tom yelled turning round to face me and stopping.

"Well in the past there have been witches and wizards who have gone back in time to warn themselves of mistakes they make in the future which they regret"I replied and Toms look softened as he walked back up the steps and planted a kiss on my forehead before walking off again.He never replied to my suggestion, he just rushed off to somewhere he could be alone.I had an experience like this before back in the cave when Tom sounded older and his voice was deeper.It left me wondering though,was the future Tom trying to get back to tell us something?