You wouldnt

When Tom had told me he put his name into the Goblet of fire I was mad at him to the point where I repeatedly hit his chest crying before storming off in tears and it wasn't helping that he was just outside my door listening to every sob that involuntarily came out of my mouth.I was sat on the windowsill my knees pulled to my chest and my jeans soaked with tears.

"Clara let me in"Another knock came from the door as Tom made another attempt to get me to open the door for him you see as a prefect it would ruin his reputation if he just walked in here there had to be a reason as to why he was in here.He huffed he was planning a new approach to this.

"CLARA LET ME IN THIS MINUTE OR I WILL COME IN MYSELF."Tom yelled from the other side of the door we were both missing potions but neither cared.I picked up my wand and locked the door showing Tom that I was not going to let him in and he groaned.After a few seconds I heard the door unlock and it fly open Tom for the first time in his life stormed into my room without permission.

"Get out of here Tom"I hissed clenching my jaw afterwards not bothering to look at him but looking out the arched window.

"If you think I will just give up and watch you be like this then you must not know me very well"Tom replied just as annoyed as I was.

"Then leave and you wont have to see me like this"I said raising my voice and looking over my shoulder at him.That was the last straw for him he clenched his fists and gave me a death glare one he only ever gave to the bullys.

"Fine I will but this is not over Pevensie it is far from over"Tom said coldly before walking out leaving the door open.I waited until the footsteps were so far away that I could no longer hear them before bursting into another set of tears letting them run like rivers down my already soaked cheeks.I was scared for Tom I really was.

Toms pov
"Then leave and you wont have to see me like this"Clara said to me her voice growing louder as she looked over her shoulder at me.I nearly ran over to her and pulled her into my arms I hated to see her cry but it was clear right now she did not want my affection.I had to admit though that hurt no matter how much I told myself it didn't it did,I bundled all the feelings of hate for the orphanage and the bullys and just when I felt like I would burst I gave Penelope the death glare.

"Fine I will but this is not over Pevensie it is far from over"I said as coldly as I could muster before leaving her breathing heavily in her room her legs pulled to her chest and her head buried in her wool jumper sleeves.I stopped when I got round the corner as I heard Clara burst into another set of tears and I closed my eyes breathing in and out deeply to soothe myself and stopping myself from running back up there and kissing her.

I decided that it was too late to go to potions as there was only twenty minutes left and it was hardly worth going so I went to the library to take my mind off of Clara who every time I thought of her I could see her face her smiling and happy but she wasn't happy, she was crying and I hated it.

Clara pov
It was Tuesday evening and after a long night of no sleep and too longer lessons I shuffled through the corridors my head looking at my feet and wondering why I even bothered to come I could have just stayed in my dorm ignoring the world and hoping that it would ignore me but that wouldn't make the sting of the way Tom looked at me yesterday it felt like a million knives had pierced through my heart he never looked at me like that and he chose to now?It just made no sense he was getting odder as the year went on.

I had zoned out for most of the assembly and it took a lot of effort to move my hands in order to clap when the competitors of the triwizard tournament were called out there was only one more to go and then there would be three champions.I crossed my fingers under the table and hoped that Toms name would not be picked out and it seemed like forever that I waited as professor Dippet caught the piece of parchment and turned it over to read it.

"Tom Riddle"The exact name I did not want to hear had just been called out and I clenched my eyes shut feeling as though I would  shut down and never come back to life again.After we were dismissed I grabbed my stuff and walked out of the great hall as fast as I could but heard footsteps following quickly after me.No not tonight I didn't even want to see his face if I did god knows what I would do,break down,collapse,hit him over the head with my bag and run off.I was close now to the slytherin common room and I made a quick dash for the door as I turned the corner still hearing the footsteps of Tom behind me.

I was grabbed by the waist and dragged literally into Toms room he practically threw me into the dark room with only the moon for light.Tom slammed the door and locked it using his wand as I backed away from him as he drew ever closer.Luckily I had brought my wand with my and pointed it at him,he paused for a second to look at it and then smirked one of those devilish smiles.

"Stay away from me Tom your not yourself"I said as he kept walking towards me.

"You wont actually hurt me I know your not strong enough to"Tom said and took my wand out of my hand I tried to resist but I felt weak and numb.

"Neither will you"I replied and Tom smirked his eyes twinkling like stars in the moonlight.

"Of course not"Tom said in his most obnoxious voice ever it was a fake polite voice he used it whenever he talked to professor Slughorn as a way to hide his hatred for the old buffoon as he called him.Tom had mentioned his feelings towards the professor on many occasions.I pressed back into the wall as far as I could as Tom still moved closer until I could feel his breath hitting my face.

"Tom let me leave"I said getting a little worried he looked evil in this light like the darkness had made him go insane.

"I am perfectly sane"Tom said as if reading my thoughts,his face inches from mine.My heart nearly skipped a beat when Tom flashed me a smile I didn't understand why he was doing this or what his goal was.It looked as if he were about to kiss me when he backed away suddenly and began to walk pleasurably around the large bedroom  as he played with his wand I noticed that he was wearing a ring on his finger it looked familiar but I could not place where I had seen it before.

"You see you have been rather distant recently and I cant think of anything I could have done to upset you"Tom said his voice dripping with venom.

"I don't like it we used to be so close and now you seem to be how shall I put it getting further away from me"Tom continued while I stood silently in the corner of the room still in shock with my back pressed against the wall.When Tom looked my way I wondered how sane he really was he looked like the devil.

"Are you feeling alright?"I asked finding some bravery and stepping away from the wall.

"Yes"He shrugged as if shaking off any bad feelings about what he was planning on doing.

"Tom I just don't get you anymore I thought I knew you like the back of my hand but your so complex I had not even considered that there were so many layers to you just waiting to be unfolded"I said titling my head as Tom began to play with his new ring.He looked up at me our eyes fully meeting and his guard seemed to drop.If only I could reach out to him like this more often then maybe he wouldn't be turning into such a monster.