His promise

Nearly a month has passed, and although I was getting better, there was still no sign of Tom. I had been waiting for the sound of a pop echoing in the distance which would alert me of his return, but it never came. All day I had been sat on the window sill in my room in Malfoy manor, watching and waiting like my life depended on it. So when the light began to fade, and storm clouds began to growl above me, I couldn't help but sigh in annoyance.

Forcing myself to stand, I planted my feet firmly on the oak planks. Waiting until the usual dizziness subsided, before walking towards the bed. Once under the covers, I closed my eyes in an attempt to sleep, unaware of the eyes watching me from the other side of the room. Twisting and turning under the sheets, was how I had spent the last half and hour, but to no avail, sleep would not take me.

It was only when a pair of soft lips were pressed firmly upon my forehead, did I think I was dreaming. Not knowing what was happening, or even who the lips belonged to, I snuggled closer to them. Their arms found their way around my waist, as I listened to the sweet sound of their steady heartbeat.

"I know you are awake, Clara" The all too familiar voice whispered beside my ear. As thunder sounded in the distance, and the rain battered the window mercilessly. When I only groaned and snuggled closer to them they laughed.

"I missed you too" In seconds, I was up and awake, looking at them with wide eyes. I was never going to get to sleep now.

"Tom?!" My shock was met with his lips being brought down onto my own. All I could think of, was how much I had missed him, as the kiss deepened and he lay me back down onto the bed. When he finally pulled away, I managed to get a proper look at him.

"You look...different" He seemed pleased by my response, as a smile graced his lips, and he pulled me closer to him by my waist. He did indeed look very different, especially when compared to the Tom who had left me. He had the same dark, styled curls as in school, his face was youthful, and he looked as though he could be not a day older than 18.

The only thing which gave away his true age, was the knowledge his ebony eyes held. They seemed to bore into mine with a hunger I had not seen for a long time.

"I promised you I wouldn't fail you again, remember?" Of course I remembered, I had been playing those very words over and over again, in my head, for the past agonising thirty days.

"I remember" That was all I could manage to get out, before breaking down in a fit of sobs. Burying my head into Toms chest, I couldn't even say why I was upset, but by the looks of it, I wouldn't need to, as he seemed to know already. And so spent his time running his hands through my auburn waves.

"Ssh, I'm here now. I won't let anyone or anything force us apart again" That was a promise I knew he would keep, I didn't know if it was the way his lips had kissed mine with such a need, or because of the way he had held me later that night, I just knew this was a promise not only to me, but to himself, it was one that he would keep, and take with him to the grave.