The tall, bald, pale no one

Three days since the day when the aurors had attacked and caused death eaters to disperse.Many were injured and hundreds more were dead.We were losing the battle and the ministry knew this,only yesterday they sent in more aurors to attack the women and children,just when the men thought we were safe they had to make the choice of saving their wife and children or saving their best friends.I had been helping to hand out the little food we had left and tending to the injured,luckily I had left some clothes at Penelopes so she had sent them over to me and I had changed and could now move more freely and quickly if needed.After the attack I had pleaded with Penelope to go home,it wasn't fair that she should suffer just for being in contact with me.Apart from when the men had come back to cut off the aurors from the women and children there had been no word or news other than the tales from the men who were too injured to fight any longer.

I had been knitting a blanket sat among the ruins of an old farmhouse hidden among the Scottish Highlands when a little blue ball of light appeared in front of me,being curious I put down my knitting and  followed it into a clearing where I saw a tall,bald extremely pale man wearing all black cloak standing with his back to me.I looked behind me checking if this was some sort of trap,I had grown accustomed to that recently,never had I been so dependent on survival mode in my life.

"I know you are there"A cold voice,hardly above a whisper broke the silence and caused me to jump in fright.

"Who are you?"I eyed the man suspiciously as he turned and looked as though he had been crying,his eyes were red and puffy but he kept his head held high and simply smiled at me,but it was weak and quickly failed so he went back to looking sad once more.

"I am he who cannot be named,I am the man who all wizards tremble when my name is said...I am none,not to you anyway..."He trailed off and looked to the floor nonchalantly.I stood there not knowing what to do,what was there to do?I suppose I could try to comfort him but that may agitate him,maybe he just wants to be left alone.With slight hesitation I turned around and quietly walked away from the man who hadn't moved a muscle.

"Wait...please"Coming to a stop I kept my back to him,there was something not right,I felt as if I knew him but at the same time struggled to make any connections and was just left with more questions that I had before.

"Why?"Every muscle in my body tensed as a gigantic snake emerged from the tall grass.

"Because I have come to help you...don't worry she won't hurt you"He explained following my gaze to the snake which stared at me like its life depended on it with large black bead like eyes.I relaxed a little feeling as though I could trust him.

"You are losing a very important battle,I have brought backup"Just as he finished talking a clumsy giant pushed aside a tree causing it to creak and upon letting go fling back into the other tree beside it,the giant,who look half asleep,momentarily looked at the tree trying to figure out what happened before forgetting it completely and picking up a robin from a branch and admiring it.

"That's it?"I frowned,was he fooling around with me or something?Just as I was about to walk away thousands more creatures ranging from spiders and dragons to Ghouls.My mouth dropped open in shock but later turned to happiness.We could win this.