New found friendship

"You ready?"Penelope asked and I nodded,looking around the dorm once more before following her out.

"Now,what do you want for christmas?"She asked once we were out in the courtyard and walking down  towards the gates to get to the train station.

"Uh I don't really know-"

"Well what about some more books to keep you occupied over the holidays and if your lucky I will send you lots of letters so that you have to reply"Penelope said and I fake rolled my eyes,smirking.

"What you mean those extra long ones?"I cocked an eyebrow at her as she smiled.

"Yep"

"Hey guys wait up!"Fran called out running along the path towards the carriage we were about to climb into.

"Thanks"She said as the carriage pulled off towards the station.Once we had arrived I hopped out grabbing my bags and walking towards the train not waiting for the others who were taking ages anyway.I was walking past the compartments which were all full.I huffed,was there any spot that wasn't taken?Just as I was thinking this Malfoy rushed past me with a black eye and I frowned surely he had not gotten that the day when Albert kicked out at him?

"Hey Pevensie!"I heard someone yell from behind me and whipped around to see Charlus who had his door open to his compartment and gestured for me to join him.I guess I should join him especially as everywhere was full.I walked into the compartment where it was just Potter who had all his bags on the rack.

"How many bags did you have?"I asked in disbelief only to have the dark haired boy smile at me.

"A lot"He replied and I rolled my eyes looking out of the window and seeing the others just outside the window.Penelope must have seen us alone in the compartment as she made a love heart with her hands and yet again I rolled my eyes.I grabbed my pack down from the rack and took out a book which I could read.A few seconds later the others joined us and Charlus raised his eyebrows to how many bags Fran had obviously referring to our earlier conversation.I chuckled as Penelope sat down beside me and looked between me and Charlus.

"So...what were you two up to while we were outside?"Penelope asked breaking the awkward silence between us all.

"Oh you know doing this thing called talking"I replied before Charlus could.

"No need to be sassy"Penelope replied just as the trolley lady came up past our compartment and knocked on the door.

"Anything from the trolley dears?"She asked and Fran and Penelope immediately stood walking over to the trolley with money in their hands.

"Why aren't you getting anything?"Charlus asked looking up from the newspaper that he was reading.

"I don't have enough money on me"I replied and Charlus fiddled in his pockets for a while before taking out some money.

"Keep the change"He said and I smiled going up to the trolley as the others walked back with handfuls of sweets.

"What would you like dear?"The sweet trolley lady asked,she was just a little old lady with cute little grey curls which were tucked neatly under her cap.

"Just some pumpkin pastels please"I said and smiled as she handed me the sweets after taking the galleons from me and giving me the change.

"Have lovely christmas...Clara is it?"

"Yes,you too"I replied closing the compartment door and sitting down beside the others.

"She is so sweet!"I said to the funny looks the others were giving me all except Charlus who was still engrossed in his newspaper.

"Thanks for the sweets Charlus I will pay you back when I see you next"I said and he acknowledged what I had said by mumbling a your welcome to me.The rest of the journey consisted of Penelope and Fran playing truth and dare with lots of high pitch giggling being exchanged between them while I resisted the urge to cover my ears with the sound.I was sat in between them trying to read my book but kept getting distracted by the two girls either side of me.

"Oh look we are here,see you after christmas guys!"Fran exclaimed happily and smiled grabbing her many bags and practically running out of the compartment.

"Bye Clara!See you sometime soon yeah?"Penelope said and I nodded as she walked out the compartment heading the same direction that Fran had ran in just moments ago.

"Looks like its just us"Charlus said folding his newspaper and putting it in his bag and gesturing for me to go before him.

"Lady's first"He said and I huffed,rolling my eyes in the process but none the less I stepped out of the compartment and out onto the concrete station of nine and three quarters.The steam from the train was everywhere but I just managed to spot an irritated looking Mrs Cole who had to pick me up from the station and take me back to the orphanage.The ministry of magic had made her swear to secrecy which of course she did as she was supposedly my legal guardian until I turned 18.

"Hey Clara?"I heard Charlus's distinctive voice behind me and turned around to see him placing a piece of paper in my hand smiling.

"So we can meet up sometime during the holidays"He said and walked away to his parents who were wearing black as they were in mourning for their son James who I had heard had only passed away a week before I came back to Hogwarts.Opening the piece of paper deciding that Mrs Cole could wait as far as I was concerned I noticed that Charlus had scribbled a place for us to meet up in Diagon Alley and smiled I may not like him in the way he likes me but I think that we can be at least friends.

AN:Hey guys so I am gonna make this quick because I know you guys hate these dang things and to be honest I know how you feel but just quickly I wanna say,thank you so much for hearting and reading this story and then COMMENTING it means so much to me and I know you all hear that a lot but I mean it! So I have lost a few hearts recently and I don't exactly know why  but oh well and by the way Tom will be back in the picture soon as you probably guessed from my last chapter so I have been having lots of ideas for the next chapter so I hope you like it!!!Until the next time my friends!So long :)