Gone

I had tried everything! From escaping to trying to gain back Tom's trust enough for him to let me out of the room, which I had been confined to for four solid days. But seeming as we had practically grown up together, he realized my every trick for escaping, I had tried the simplest ways first, the window, the door and when neither of those had worked I experimented with other ways. It was all going fine earlier this morning, as usual Tom sat with me for breakfast, making sure I ate something because I had been stubborn and had been refusing to eat anything.That was until he force fed me yesterday evening when he had grown annoyed by my stubbornness and as you can imagine...that wasn't the best feeling in the world. So there I was joking around with him about old times, our eyes met and then, bamn! My guards drop and he manages to catch a glimpse of my plans, just when I was beginning to gain his trust he felt betrayed, obviously hurt he had left me alone to finish my breakfast of overly milky porridge. He has not yet returned.

This left me wondering whether I was going to live confined to this dimly lit room, with a beautifully carved French bed and a wardrobe that looked big enough to take you to Narnia and back.Surely Tom wasn't that cruel,well at least he was always softer on me than the others.Twiddling my thumbs to distract me from the silence of the room, perched on the side of the bed with a numerous amount of faded rosy red pillows surrounding me, I sat waiting looking patient and calm on the outside but a vicious, overwhelming surge to tear the place apart from my anger at my actions was becoming too much.

I needed something to distract me, anything, I hated feeling this weak and helpless. Just when I thought I would go mad the door opened, causing me to stand up suddenly in fright.With wide eyes I stared curiously at the tiny house elf stood before me, looking torn on what to do.

"Master has said that you are to come downstairs"

"May I ask who your master is?"Hesitating the elf looked warily around, stepping into the room and closing the door as silently as possible behind him.Only when he was right up close to me did he whisper into my ear.

"My master is Lucius Malfoy, he works for you know who"

"Why do you not speak his name?" The elf's oogly emerald eyes seemed to become filled with fear and he shook his head vigorously.

"His name brings death to those who utter it, if they are unworthy of pronouncing it they shall be punished!"For a long while I stared in disbelief at the elf, so Tom really was cruel, he truly was a monster.Was this what the boy I had met so long ago had become?I wanted to believe it was not true, what the elf was saying, but somehow deep down, I knew he spoke the truth. A shout from downstairs and the sound of heavy footsteps coming towards the bedroom at a fast pace made my heart speed up.

"You must leave, before he does anything to you he may regret" This seemed logical and so from there I helped Dobby to use magic and break the strong invisible shields around the windows preventing me from opening them, teaching me a spell I was never taught at school. Quickly producing a rope I was hanging out of the window in no time at all. I had only one thing left to ask the kind little house elf who had perhaps saved my life today.

"What is your name?"

"Dobby,the house elf mistress"I would have stayed longer but I only had time to say a short thank you and goodbye before the door burst open. The wife of Lucius Malfoy was the only one to look over to the open window,where the plain,cream curtains billowed in the wind, while the dark Lord and his follower, Lestrange, looked around everywhere the witch could hide in the room. To no avail, she was gone.