Too late

Claras pov

"Kill,kill,KILL!"The hissing voice rang through my head and with a scream I shot up.Something was wrong.I was in the hospital wing which was becoming normal for me now and the room was surprisingly dark and empty.Without a moments hesitation I got up out of the bed and followed the sound out of the hospital wing to just outside the great hall.A body lay still on the floor and I feared for who it was,they could be dead.I kneeled down beside the person who I could now tell was a girl.Gently moving the girls head I screamed upon seeing her face,it was Penelope,her eyes were wide with fear but it looked like she had been shocked but not found enough time to scream.I was too late I had not managed to save her.I just hope she wasn't dead.

"Clara!"The nurses shocked voice rang from behind me and I spun around it with tears in my eyes.Taking slow steps towards me the nurse smiled warmly trying to calm me down,she was just about to reach me when students all fully dressed in their robes appeared,while I was wearing a nightgown I still felt exposed.Looking back to my best friend I fell on my knees and began to cry.The nurse was soon at my side and soothing me but none of that mattered to me,I wanted my only true friend back.

"Come on Clara"Headmaster Dippet had also now appeared and began to help me up  but when I saw some of the other nurses bring a stretcher I began to struggle and scream.

"No!Let me go!Let me go!Shes not dead!"Still struggling in headmaster Dippets iron grip the nurse nodded to the nurses ,who had Penelope on a stretcher, for them to leave.

"Clara"The nurse said softly turning back to me as all the students stood in shock watching the events unfold.Not wanting to listen to her I tried to run away once more only to be held onto tightly by Headmaster Dippet who wasn't going to let me go anytime soon.

"CLARA!"The nurse raised her voice and immediatley I stopped struggling to look at her,noticing that she too was crying I let out a sob as she sniffled and cupped my face in her hands.

"Listen to me,I know its hard,but just listen,Penelope can be saved,she will be alright I am sure of it"And with that Headmaster Dippet lifted me and carried me back to the hospital wing as gasps and whispers filled the air.Once back in the hospital wing Dippet put me down and the very second my feet touched the ground I was over beside Penelope who had been placed onto a bed.

A number of quick footsteps behind me sounded and I looked over from Penelope to see the head of each house stood around Headmaster Dippet whispering.I did manage to catch snippets of it though and began to wonder where Tom was he was the head of Slytherin and yet he wasn't here.As if on cue he appeared and gave a quick glance to me and his stare hardened when he saw Penelope on the bed beside me.

"Sorry I was late headmaster,I didn't get told of the events until a few minutes ago.I came as quickly as I could"That was an outright lie,I bet he had been with that pet basilisk of his in the chamber of secrets.Hearing my thoughts his gaze shot over to me like a bullet and I smirked before turning back around to face Penelope.After the others had left I didn't even look in his direction when he came to stand beside me.

"It had to be done,she would only create more mudbloods when she had children of her own."I frowned and looked up at him clenching my jaw.Was he really that blind?Couldn't he see how this was affecting me?

"Were you wondering how I found out about you smoking and drinking?"I cocked an eyebrow at him and smirked upon seeing his expression change from smug to thoughtful.

"Yes..."He muttered with a frown and I debated telling him,fearing how he would take it.

"I saw you when trying to find Malfoy to use the truth serum on him and find out who you were planning on attacking next"

"So thats why you were so angry about the beer and cigarettes!"Realization crossed over his features only for them to turn into an angry glare,I would normally be afraid of him when he turned like this,but felt a bit of courage in me keep me going.

"How dare you!"He snapped obviously annoyed and I smiled weakly.

"No,how dare you!How dare you try to murder my best friend!I hate you!"I screamed at him and began to hit his chest with my hands in an attempt to rid myself of the pain,until I began to tire and fell into a heap on the floor.

"Clara"

"No!Go away!I don't want to see you,get out of my sight,go somewhere I can't see you!"I hissed letting out a shaky breath.He lingered for a few more moments staring down at me intensely before walking away leaving me alone with a petrified Penelope.How long was this going to go on for?Because if this is what love is like,I don't want it!