A flight with a hippogriff

The next day I had been allowed out of the hospital and began my classes again.I spotted Penelope on the way to care of magical creatures.

"Penelope!"I cried out a smile making its way onto my face as I ran towards her and engulfed her in a hug.

"I have missed you so much!"She said into my shoulder as she was smaller than me.

"Now come on I think we better hurry up before we get a detention" she replied grabbing my hand and dragging me off across the bridge and down to Hagrid's hut where the whole care of magical creatures class was gathering.

"Why is Hagrid a teacher now?"I asked as we joined the crowd of students gathering around Hagrid.

"In the time you were gone professor Dumbledore persuaded headmaster Dippet to let Hagrid teach as he didn't have much to do as gamekeeper."I nodded to show I had heard but my attention was focused purely on the group of boys stood right at the back behind us.It was Malfoy and his crew.I somehow caught his gaze because he looked over to me and glared to which I returned. 

"Now,I got a real treat for you today!As you have been learning about Hippogriffs I decided to let you meet one!This is going to be a great lesson now follow me"Hagrid said to which some of the class whispered in excitement to each other.

"If you will open your books to page 49,less chatting and form a group over there!"He ordered trying to keep some order within the class.I kept a close eye on Malfoys group as they were walking suspicously slow.I decided to investigate.

"Whats with the slow pace Malfoy?"I asked in a smug tone to which he cocked an eyebrow as his friends laughed.

"Whats it to you Pevensie wanna go off and have a little dance in the woods?"

"Oh please dont make me vomit I would rather kiss a goblin than kiss you!"I replied and Abraxas looked as though I was challenging him.He took the bate.

"Pucker up then"Malfoy said puckering up his lips mockingly and walking towards me with his eyes closed.I moved out of the way while his friends stopped laughing.Malfoy opened his eyes just as I stuck my foot out and tripped him up.The leaves on the floor got in his hair and grabbed them out shaking his robe for any that had got stuck underneath.

"You should watch where your going Malfoy!"I said smirking as he glared and got right up close to me.

"You will pay for that Pevensie!"He hissed and my smirk grew wider.

"Is that supposed to scare me Malfoy,after all I seem to recall you being all talk and no action"I hissed back in reply and walked away feeling ready to punch someone if they came near me.

"What was that all about?"Penelope asked when I stood beside her,pulling out my book and stroking the spine before turning to page 49.

"Oh nothing I just had a little chat with Malfoy."I said and Penelope put her hands on her hips and furrowed her eyebrows at me.

"You are always getting yourself into such trouble,you dont know how much I worry for you"She said to me only for me to completly ignore her as I was reading.

"I am sorry I didnt catch that"I replied and she snorted.I looked around only to realize that we were at the front of the crowd.

"Remind me why we are at the front Penelope"I asked looking around at everyones bored looking faces as they watched Hagrid witter on about how much care Hippogriffs need.

"Because that way you wont get into any trouble besi-"She was cut off by everyone including her stepping back leaving only me in front.

"What?"I asked confused mainly to myself by Hagrid caught on to my confusion and walked over holding his hand out.

"Well done Clara well done!"Hagrid said clapping his hands together in excitement.I frowned and looked around in confusion only to have Penelope push me forwards towards Hagrid.

"Come and say hello to Albert"Hagrid said smiling so I just played along.

"O-ok"I said and walked towards the hippogriff holding my hand out to stroke it.

"Stop!"Hagrid ordered to which I complied.

"Now dont move!"I stayed as still as I could keeping my eyes fixed on the hippogriff only to see something similar to the figure of Tom across the clearing and look to my left where I swear I saw him stood.The next thing I knew Hagrid was standing in front of me and sheilding me from Alberts attacks.He fed Albert a ferret which made him run off after it.

"Now when you have his attention again bow to him"Hagrid ordered and I nodded feeling butterflies in my stomach from nervousness.

"Hagrid I am not sure I want to do this!"I whispered to him and he looked sympathetic but took on the role of a teacher and smiled.

"It will be alright all you have to do is pat him and say hello and then your done alright?"Hagrid asked and I took a deep breath to calm my nerves and nodded.

"Alright but thats all"I bowed to Albert who then bowed back and Hagrid gestured with his head for me to walk up to Albert.I walked slowly treading carefully as to not make too much noise only to have a twig snap and I closed my eyes waiting for something to happen.I re opened them when nothing happened and continued walking towards Albert who stood proudly before me.I smiled and chuckled when he nuzzled me as I stroked his head.

"He likes you Clara!You should have a ride with him!"Hagrid said lifting me up by my waist causing me to let out a scream as I was plopped onto Alberts back.

"Hagrid you said all I had to do was say hello...this is more than hello!"I nearly yelled at him in fear and panic but before I could register what was going on Hagrid was saying something to me like "You'll be fine" and slapping Albert telling him to get on.He reared and let out a squawk.

"Don't pull out any of his feathers because he wont thank you for that!"Hagrid called out as Albert took off running towards the stone wall.He lifted off of the ground quickly spreading his wings out to fly.

"Hagrid!"I screamed as I began to get higher and further away from the class who were all running to see what was going on. We flew up over the forbidden forest and over towards the castle circling it before heading towards the lake by which time I had gotten used to it and smiled at my reflection in the water but grabbed on when we began to speed up again.Hagrid whistled for Albert to come back down to which he complied and we gradually descended down towards where the class was once more.Once at a stop I felt like I was having a heart attack.

"Well done Clara!And well done Albert!"Hagrid said smiling as he walked towards us and helped me off.

"Are you alright?"Hagrid asked a little quieter and I nodded.

"I am fine.Thank you that was fun!"I said and let out a laugh while the class cheered me on.All except Malfoy who pushed past the crowd and walked towards us.

"Oh please!That was nothing!I could do that a thousand times better!"Malfoy muttered as he walked towards Albert who was eating a ferret.

"Your not very scary at all are you!"He continued as he took long strides towards Albert who squawked and began to walk towards Malfoy who's smug look turned into one of fear.Everything seemed to freeze and my breathing hitched in my throat.