Slughorns party

Two weeks later and I had successfully managed to ignore Tom.I was in a good mood though as I had officially finished my exams,Slughorn was holding a party for members of the Slugclub to celebrate.Getting ready I left my hair in brown waves and zipped up the back of my mini back dress.Opening the box on the counter I decided that I would wear my now horcrux necklace that Tom got me just to see the look on his face,which would be quite entertaining for me.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" His words replayed in my mind and I reached to take the necklace off but decided it was for the best.He deserved this,after all he had been planning on killing my best friend.

"Come on Clara!"Penelope waited in my room impatiently and I smiled to myself,she never had been the most patient.

"Coming!"I reached for the door nob and thought I heard a hissing sound coming from underneath me but shook it off,I was tired and was probably just imagining things,I opened the door finding her practically over the threshold.

"Someones eager!"Smiling at her teasingly I took extra long getting my bag only leaving the room when she grabbed my hand and dragged me out.

"We don't want to be late do we?"Penelope smiled over her shoulder at me as she dragged me around the school corridors that were practically empty apart from the odd lone student.Finally reaching Slughorns office we pushed the door open and were met with the sound of light music and a room buzzing with happiness at the end of the exams.Noticing that Sluggy was talking to Tom I tried to sneak into the room but unfortunatley the professor saw me and rushed over.

"My god Clara I was expecting you to be bigger!"He exclaimed loudly and everyone went quiet turning to stare at him and I immediately began to feel sick.

"I'm only one month in,its near the end that you look like you could explode"I replied and some people laughed while others just stared open mouthed,obviously just picking up the fact that yes,I was pregnant and yes the bump wasn't that noticeable.

"Ah yes of course!"Slughorn chuckled off his embarassment and wandered off to greet Penelope as it was her first time here.I felt thirsty and so walked over to the drinks stand getting myself a drink of water,feeling someone grab my wrist and lead me over to a place less occupied by slug club members.

"What the hell do you think your doing?"It was Tom.Oh great he looked cheerful.

"What does it look like?Getting a drink of water and attending a party"Tom rolled his eyes at me and I smirked,I enjoyed seeing him annoyed it was quite entertaining to watch himself keep things civil.

"No!Your wearing your necklace"

"No shit sherlock!"I replied and smiled and thought I saw the ghost of a smile on Toms lips.

"All I am saying is that I don't think you should be wearing it in public"

"Why ever not?Oh wait in case you got one of your girlfriends the same one?"Without even him answering I could read the look on his face are-you-kidding-me.

"Of course not!I just am telling you if you lose it I can say I told you so"I just raised my eyebrows in reply coming up with the perfect exit.

"Well thank you for your concern but I don't need anyone telling me anything"I said walking off and joining Penelope at the table as Slughorn had announced that the food was now being served.A few house elves from the kitchen came into the room carrying plates of food,more than enough for the five of us that were here.Looking down at the food I began to feel nauseous and even more so when everyone else digged in.Penelope seemed to notice my lack of appetite because she leaned over to me.

"Are you feeling alright?"When I just looked at her she tried again and swapped my plate with hers so it looked to Slughorn like I was actually eating something and not just sat there feeling sick,which would cause him to ask questions.Penelope knew me so well.Little were we aware of the eyes carefully watching our every move.

"How come you aren't eating your food Clara?"Victoria's voice broke through the odd pleasant conversation which people were having while they ate.Slughorn looked over to me with a frown and a smirk found its way onto Victoria's lips as she took a sip of her squash.

"Is anything the matter Clara?"Before I could reply the professor had continued.

"If there is a certain dish that you wish to have it can certainly be done"Slughorn chuckled as I gave him a small smile and began to feel faint.

"That is very kind of you but no,I think I will just go to the bathroom and freshen up"I replied trying my best to give the professor a reassuring smile to which he nodded.

"I see"I went to stand up only to have Tom stand at exactly the same time,for a moment our eyes met but I broke the eye contact with him when Slughorn began to chuckle.

"Well,well what do we have here?Tom m'boy  why don't you escort the lovely Miss Pevensie here to the girls bathroom so that she can 'freshen up'"I felt my cheeks flush at that and rushed towards the exit wanting to get away from here as soon as possible.Tom followed quickly after me and just as he was beside me the professor called out to us again.

"Take as long as you need!"I rolled my eyes after the door was safely shut and began to walk at a fast pace towards the girls toilets feeling more and more sick by the minute.The faint feeling didn't go away though and it got so bad that everything around me started to spin and so out of instinct I grabbed onto something for support.Looking over to where my hand gripped tightly I saw that I was holding onto Tom.I wanted to let go and run off but felt like I was going to faint any second.

"Hey Tom your spinning...I think I am going to faint"

"What like now?"At other times I would have laughed at his expression of confusion if it hadn't had been for the fact that I fainted and fell into his arms.

Toms pov
"Hey Tom your spinning...I think I am going to faint"

"What like now?"I asked wanting to be sure that I would be able to catch her if she did.Without another moment going by she fell into my arms,I lifted her bridal style and carried her to the hospital wing.The nurse rushed out of her office and upon seeing Clara's state ordered that I put her on a bed where she would stay until she awoke.

"What happened to her?"The nurse asked me while she rushed around taking Clara's black pumps off and placing them on the floor.

"She said she was feeling sick and fainted"At that the nurse went pale and put a hand to Clara's stomach.With a sigh of relief the nurse looked to me and smiled.

"She is alright,the baby is alright,I think she just has been feeling the pressure of exams.And with all her hormones everywhere she felt it even worse."Not really sure how to react I nodded and looked back to the unconscious form of Clara on the hospital bed.Deciding that I should get back to the old buffoons party I planted a kiss on her forehead and left.Thank god she was alright.