A break

"What are you saying?"Tom asked with his eyebrows furrowed together in a frown and it almost looked like he was crying but quickly shook it off so I wouldn't see.

"I am saying that I think it would be better if I stay with Penelope for a while"

"And,how long is a while to you?"He asked leaning against the marble fireplace for support.

"A four weeks"I replied not meeting his gaze.

" Four weeks?Clara that's too long,I will allow you to leave for two!"I inhaled deeply in annoyance and when meeting Toms eyes again I only found sadness and anger. 

"Well you will have to allow me four!I am tired of this,I need a break from it!"

"A break from what?Me?"I hung my head low but nodded solemnly.Moments later before I could stop him from doing so Tom had grabbed my hand from my side and placed something cold into it,walking off without a word down the corridor to his study where he spent a lot of his time locked away when he wasn't with me or his death eaters.The truth was the last few days had been hard on me,I had managed to forgive Penelope as she was only  trying to protect me and I guess I would have done the same for her,but Tom hid her whereabouts from me on purpose so that I wouldn't be able to save my only best friends life and that was too much for me.I needed a break from it and although I knew it would be hard it was for the best.Opening my hand Galleons dazzled back at me in the remaining sunlight which was coming in from the windows beside me.I turned around looking for Tom,I wouldn't need this much it was at least 200 galleons worth.

"Tom?"I called out but the room was empty,how long was he expecting me to be gone for,it wasn't like I was some sort of serial shopper.I couldn't exactly leave it lying around,there were too many people who could just take it.I would keep the money that I didn't spend safe until I came home.Pulling on a coat I grabbed a ready packed bag full of everything that I would need and walked outside passing a few curious death eaters on the way who eyed me as I walked past towards the gate.Taking one last look at the house Tom stood at the window of his study looking out the look on his face almost made me turn back,almost,I wasn't as weak as he thought though I could live without him a for a few weeks and be alright,I would prove to that to him.I apparated and found myself stood just outside Penelope's cute little cottage literally in the middle of nowhere,Penelope really had a thing for that.Forest surrounded the cottage and at dusk it looked inviting and fairytale like but at night I was sure it would look dark and sinister.

"Penelope?"I shut her front door behind me to see Charlus lounging around lazily in an armchair beside the fire.

"Is Penelope in?"He flinched at my voice but smiled none the less at me.

"Yes,as a matter of fact she is,shes in the kitchen,cooking dinner"

"And you aren't helping her because?"

"Its a women's job"With that I rolled my eyes and it wasn't long before I was helping Penelope cook her roast dinner.

"Why are we doing this for Charlus again?I mean shouldn't he be down here helping us?"

"Nonsense remember all those lessons in home economics I think its time us witches stopped relying on house elves and put those lessons to good use"I gawped at her and she laughed patting underneath her chin to signal to me that I needed to close my mouth.

"You will catch flys at that rate!"She exclaimed spinning round to the oven and putting the chicken into the oven.

"Yes mum!"I smirked at her expression and carried on with cutting up the vegetables.

"What do you think of Charlus?"I asked suddenly and Penelope seemed taken aback.

"I don't know what you mean?"

"Sure you don't,I mean I just think you two will make a good couple"

"Oh you mean Charlus the cockiest boy I have ever met"

"Technically hes a man now but he sure doesn't act like one!"I replied and we looked at each other in silence before bursting out laughing.Just like old times,oh how I missed them.

"Hey,whats taking you two so long!"Charlus's angry voice in the lounge could be heard and that only made us laugh harder.After dinner had gone successful we had all gone to bed,it seemed rude that I shouldn't as well but I wasn't tired so just stayed up with the full moons light streaming through my bedroom window.My engagement ring caught my eye and made me smile,I remember that night like it was yesterday.Soon the memory of Tom standing alone at the window of his study flashed by and I felt torn,I needed a break but how could I leave him when he needed me most?No,I wouldn't go back until at least the four weeks were up otherwise it would look like I was running back to him and I most certainly wasn't doing that.I will show Tom that I am not weak and something to constantly worry about.