The truth

I frowned in confusion, this was not happening; Charlus would never kiss me, he loved Penelope! Penelope...she was going to be so upset when she found out about this...but this isn't my fault, Charlus kissed me! Frozen on the spot, I remained still, dumbfounded by his actions. As realization hit me that this was very real, I began to try to push Charlus away, but to no avail, no matter how old he was getting, Charlus was too strong. An angry scream, and a flash of light later, and Charlus was ripped off of me, flying through the air, and collided, with what sounded like a very painful crunch into an ash tree. My eyes snapped over to the spell caster from the spluttering form of Charlus amongst the fog as he tried to catch his breath once more. Tom

"You are treading a very fine line, Potter!" He spat, breathing deeply, his nostrils flared, and looking as though he could kill Charlus just for daring to kiss me.

"Tom-" Ignoring me, he proceeded to walk right past me as if I were not there and stopped beside Charlus, who looked just about ready to wake up right now. Picking up on his fear, Tom smirked, twirling his wand between his finger, a smirk gracing his pale rosy lips. 

"Despite my warnings, Potter, you just couldn't stop yourself, could you? I had hoped you would get the message more clearly after I sent some of my followers to your precious home...but apparently, I need to take matters into my own hands-"

"If you are going to torture me just hurry up with it, not all of us have Horcruxes to prevent us dying while waiting for you to finish your little speech" Tom's dark eyes flared dangerously, and while it was clear to me that he was anything but calm, he kept his cool, smiling nastily down at Charlus on the forest floor, who slumped back against the tree, crossing one arm over the other defiantly, all but daring him to lose his temper. What is it with the Potters and being so darn brave in the face of death? 

"Seeming as you so cordially invited me to do so, you won't mind if I do this; Crucio!" Within seconds of Tom casting the unforgivable curse, Charlus was writhing in pain uncontrollably, his mouth agape as if to scream, but no sound coming out. For a moment, I stood watching in a trance, and once realising what was happening, rushed forwards and lowered Tom's wand to the floor. 

"Tom stop! Doing this to him won't change anything, you know how stubborn he is!" As if my touch pained him, he flinched away from me, eyes wide and fearful, but what a Dark Lord had to fear was unknown to me. 

"You wanted him to kiss you, didn't you?! Thats why you followed him in here?! You are on their side!" 

"What?!" 

"I suppose this is something I never fully wanted to admit to myself. How many times have you betrayed me in favour of the Order? Hmm? How many times have my plans failed because of you?!" 

"Are you actually hearing yourself?!" 

"You two, look, I really hate to break up the married couple argument, but...I have places to be so-" 

"Silencio!" Tom cried, succesfully managing to silence Charlus Potter up, for the first time in his life. 

"You know what your problem is, Clara? It's that you claim to love me, and yet you are helping him!"

"Oh don't tell me you are jealous now-"

"How could I not be, when you so obviously favour him over me?" 

"Fine. Have it your way, I do favour him over you" Now tired of arguing, my voice broke, and became monotonous, so much so that a flicker of pain seemed to coarse througn Tom, as his guards dropped, tears welling up in his eyes, but that was only to be for a moment, before he realised what had happened and brought them back up again. Backing away from me, Tom turned on his heels and left, fleeing to the house before another incident out of his control...also called feelings, occured. Having regained his voice once more, Charlus looked up at me apologetically, with a faltering smile. 

"I'm sorry, Clara-"

"Don't be, we both got out of hand" Holding out a hand to help him up off the floor, Charlus took it, and began to brush the dirt from his clothes. 

"Did he tell you that he sent his own followers here?" 

"No, no he did not"

***

Short, but sweet...hopefully. Don't forget to vote and comment! I am going to be adding more to this, but as of now, this is all that will be published. Thanks for stopping by!