Goodbyes

Penelope stood beside me wearing a red bobble hat and black coat clutching to her books as we watched the beaubaxtons girls going into the carriage as the horses snorted eagerly aware that they were heading home.

"Bye"Lots of people said around me as the door closed and the horses galloped and took off into the sky.Next to leave was the durmstrang boys got onto the boat and sailed off into the sunset on the black lake.I knew I would never see Quinn again but I counted him as a friend.I walked away with Penelope close on my heels as I strode through the hallways.

"Clara"Penelope called out behind me struggling to keep up.

"Clara stop!"Penelope said running past me and stopping me by putting her hands on my shoulders standing in front of me.

"Whats wrong with you?"She asked quietly.

"Nothing"I said quickly and brushed her hands off of my shoulders and began to walk off and this time she did not follow me.

"Clara where are you going?"Penelope called out after me just as I was about to walk round the corner.I spun round on my heels to face her my cloak spinning with me and my hair flipping over onto one shoulder.

"Common room"I said and continued walking once more glad that Penelope wasn't very persistent as I really was not in the mood to answer every single question that she asked me.

"Pure bloods"I said to the Slytherin common room door and Salazar Slytherin opened the door for me ushering me inside.Once the door closed behind me I walked through the dark hallway to the lounge area where the fire was the only light and smiled in contentment when I saw that the place was empty.I sat on a chair that was closest to the fire and noticed that a piece of parchment lay rolled up on the oak table with a glass of fire whiskey.

"Tom"I whispered to myself knowing he would have managed to persuade old Sluggy to give him some.I looked at the book next to it and the title read "Horcruxes and how to make them" I mentally face palmed myself I should have known what Tom was reading to find out about Horcruxes,I heard footsteps and looked up slowly only to see Tom stood with his hands behind his back stood next to the fire.

"This I take is from the restricted section"I said holding the book up as Tom smirked and nodded.

"I still haven't found out much Slughorn was not very eager to tell me much but no matter I shall get him alone when he invites me to that blasted Christmas dinner that he does every year"Tom said clearly annoyed by his lack of progress.

"Now now Tom you are his favorite student after all imagine what he would think of you if he heard you say such things"I said teasingly and a flicker of light seemed to flash through Toms eyes as his lips curled up into a smirk,I was challenging him and he knew it.

"But why would I care what he thinks when I only care about what you think"Tom said taking one big long stride over to me and kissing my lips lightly not allowing me enough time to kiss back,now he was the one teasing me.I smirked an idea coming to mind and quickly moved from the chair to behind and walking backwards with the book in my hands laughing as Tom smiled deviously.

"You can run from me but you cannot hide"Tom said moving slowly as I walked backwards with the book held teasingly in the air.

"Oh yeah try me"I said and in a flash I was gone out of the common room and heading to the room of requirement hearing a quick pace of footsteps behind me.I ran through the doors and hid behind the big stack of never ending furniture from earlier years in the school.I held my breath when I peeked through one of the chair legs to see Tom had followed but had not seen where I was.

He seemed to stroll around the room until he stopped right the other side of where I was hiding and smirked his head turning and looking directly at me as I felt my eyes widen but then I smiled when he walked round the chairs and I backed up as far as I could.

"It seems as if you wanted me to find you"Tom said with a menacing smirk on his face as inched closer.

"But why would I do that when I would like to read this myself"I said innocently flipping through the book and actually finding a page which seemed interesting enough to look at for a few minutes at a time,when Toms hands went either side of my head I was fully aware that he was watching me which from his point of view would seem as if I was reading intently.

"I know your not really reading"Tom said and closed the book taking it from my hands easily,I looked up into his eyes and found that he looked...sad.

"Whats wrong Tom?"I asked softly aware that other people were still up and we were not the only people in the castle as there was still a day left of school.

"As much as I would like you to you would never make a horcrux"Tom replied sadly and I furrowed my eyebrows at him as he stroked my cheek.

"What?"I asked slightly shocked surely he did not think that I was planning on making one before now.

"I want you to have this, keep it safe for me"Tom said and slipped his mothers ring into my hand.

"But why your not going anywhere?"I half asked but also half sure he would not leave when there was only a week left of school until the Christmas holidays.

"No but I don't want to lose it and I know that I can trust you"Tom said and kissed me quickly before walking off out of the room of requirement with his book in hand.I opened my hand which held the ring inside and put it on my index finger on my right hand.I moved my hand away to get a look at the ring and it seemed to fit perfectly.But why would he give it to me he may have just been using an excuse but it was rare for Tom to lose things in fact he never lost anything.