The old you

"Tom"I breath out and despite the urge to run from him I stay planted to the spot where I stand,unable to move.

"Clara"

"W-what are you doing here?"He raises an eyebrow questioningly almost as if he expected me to know the reason why.

"I will tell you when we get home"Tom mutters and holds out his hand for me to take so that we can apparate.

"Who says I am coming home"A sudden flash of stupidity overtakes me and I snap at him causing Charlus and Penelope to share a look of fear.

"I do"I was about to roll my eyes in annoyance when Tom grabbed me and pulled me down,just in time as well,aurors had found us and had shot a stunning spell at me.If it had not been for Tom I would not be able to make a break for it,most likely be caught,put on an unfair trial and then be sent to Azkaban,what a life I would have.

"Run!"He yelled above the sound of spells hitting the brick walls and old abandoned shops either side of us.I didn't think twice about it,there was nothing else to be done,it was run or be caught.Upon reaching an exit through one of the shops I turned back around to see Penelope with Charlus stood out of the way.I wanted to go back to her but became aware of Toms presence beside me once more,I had to carry on because he was dumb enough to not leave without me.

"We need to go"He didn't have to raise his voice and I don't know how but I heard him and we took off running dodging the odd spell which was thrown our way  by the aurors.Once safely hidden we apparated to Malfoy manor where death eaters stood waiting at the door.The second we reached the ground I removed my hand from Toms grasp and walked inside without a word or look to any of them,I didn't care what they thought of me.I had been making for my room in a desperate attempt to get away from them only to come across the Black sisters having a cute little conversation of their own or so I thought.

"What if he doesn't like me,what do I do then?"Bellatrix's distinctive voice mumbled in a childish way.

"You smile and walk away,that's what momma does to all the boys she sees when shes not with dadda"Nacrissa  replied and I nearly gagged,Blacks wife was having affairs behind his back and none of us never knew,yet she isn't so sneaky when it comes to public displays of affection with other men and she is perfectly alright to do such a thing in front of her daughters,sounds legit.It sounded like a pretty normal conversation so I walked away upstairs only to find that Toms study door was left open a crack,normally it was under lock and key...the temptation was too much,with a glance up and down the corridor I snuck in,stupidly leaving the door open.

My eyes caught sight of the familiar objects locked up in a cabinet,held as trophies,but each and every one of those horcruxes sent a shiver up my spine,people,innocent people were killed to make these and Tom was putting them on display.Sure,I had noticed a change in his behavior but I didn't think it was this bad.I wandered over to the desk which when I tried to open a draw it was locked,oh well there was plenty to be looked at on the desk.I caught sight of an old looking piece of paper,one from the orphanage,it even had the traditional signature that Mr Collins had demanded be put on by hand.Picking the paper up I looked at it closer and saw doodles,scribbled out letters,wait the letters spelt Tom Marvolo Riddle with each one crossed out and next to it there were anagrams of his name,my eyes went up and down the list and I grinned at some of them,typical eleven year old Tom Riddle!My smile faded when my eyes landed onto the last anagram on the paper,Lord Voldemort,it wasn't one of the anagrams crossed out meaning he was planning on using this.Before I could look through any more of Toms stuff a cold,emotionless voice broke me from my trance.

"What are you doing?"I looked up and gasped having to put a hand on the desk to stop myself from falling backwards with fright.

"I could ask you the same question"I replied feeling quite proud of myself,my voice hadn't given away my emotions so far but my mind was screaming at me to confront Tom and potentially find out more if he went into a rage.

"Ah but I asked first"Damn it!I resisted the urge to roll my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Well I just...sort of...stumbled upon this place...and I have to admit its pretty cosy in here,I mean you have the fire and you obviously eat in here"I muttered an excuse,a really bad one,all the while looking for something to change the subject in my head.

"Stumbled,you don't stumble anywhere!"Tom snapped and once again I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

"I might be drunk"

"Oh please,Pevensie your far from drunk,in fact I can tap into your mind right now just to prove that you are thinking straight and did therefore not stumble upon my study"I was speechless,never had he called me Pevensie,it was just a thing we didn't do,it felt like one did not know the other if they called them by their second name,it was too formal.Tom only just seemed to have realized as well as he paled but quickly regained himself and went back to the passive,unreadable expression.

"You called me Pevensie..."I whispered,shocked and caught a look of sadness cross Toms eyes,but within seconds it was gone again.

"What do you want?"He asked completely ignoring my last question

"The old you"