Dangerous games

I continued to trudge through the snow ahead of Fran who was trailing behind me.I turned my head over my shoulder and stopped once I saw that she had her water bottle out and was further behind than I had previously thought.

"Come on Fran we have to go find Tom"I said breathless putting my hands on my knees and bending over trying to catch my breath back.I must have been like that for a while because a silver water bottle came into my view and I couldnt help but notice how good that water looked.I took the water bottle thankfully and drank most of it before offering the rest to Fran but she shook her head taking the bottle and putting the lid on it.

"Thank you"I said to Fran and smiled while she fumbled with her bag putting her water bottle away.

"Come on lets go"I said and walked on with Fran beside me as we pushed the door to the three broomsticks where a bunch of talking heads waited.

"Hey no underage wizards!"They exclaimed and me and Fran were pushed out by an unseen force back into the cold winter day.

"Wait my birthday was the other day I am not underage I am sixteen!"I said to myself leaving Fran alone out in the cold not really taking notice of what she was up to as I stormed past the talking heads who glared at me.I spotted Tom coming down the stairs from the sitting room and practically ran into him.

"You left me alone with Fran!"I said annoyed as I put my hands on my hips a frown making appearance on my forehead.

"Yeah I realized"Tom said walking past me as I followed him out.

"But I didn't even realize you were gone"

"Not my problem"Tom said over his shoulder while trudging through the snow.

"Wait"I said to both myself and Tom.

"What?"Tom turned around with an annoyed look on his face.

"On the way to the way to the three broomsticks I drank some of Frans water and I think she spiked it"I said feeling breathless and my knees going weak.Toms annoyed look turned into one of worry as he rushed over to me managing to catch me before I fell to the ground.

"And I don't feel too good"I said feeling my consciousness going to the point where I barely felt Tom lift me bridal style and carry me back to the castle.

"Don't worry Clara you will be alright"I faintly heard To say to me as we entered what felt like a warmer place and I was lay gently down onto a bed.

"What happened?"I heard the nurse say as her heels clicked on the floor so I guessed that Tom had carried me to the hospital wing.

"She drank some water that was spiked with...well I don't exactly know what"Tom replied softly but he sounded a few meters away from me.I wanted to move away from the cold hands feeling my neck for a pulse.

"There is a small pulse which means she is alive but barely...is she conscious?"The nurse asked Tom and everything seemed to be spinning in the darkness that filled my vision and their voices could only just be made out.

"Barely"I whispered in a mumble and the nurse seemed to flinch before letting out a sigh of relief and taking my hand in her cold one.

"You are in safe hands now you can let go dear"The nurse said soothingly rubbing circles on my hand with her thumb.

"W-where's Tom"I barely managed to say as I felt another hand take my other free hand.

" I am here"Tom said and stroked my hair away from my forehead.

"Stay with me"I whispered before drifting away from the land of the conscious and away from the pain.

Toms Pov
After carrying a nearly unconscious Clara to the hospital wing and getting the nurse to help I had watched painfully as she drifted off into unconsciousness and the moment of peace brought about by Clara falling unconscious peacefully left the second she did as the nurse sprung into action.

"She will need to be here for most of whats left of the Christmas holidays this is a very fatal position that Clara is in"The nurse said grabbing grinding bowls and herbs.

"Do you mean if she is not treated she could die?"I asked hoping that what my conscience told me would be proven wrong.

"Yes that's what I mean Mr Riddle now if you want her to live I suggest you give this letter to the post office and tell them it is urgent"The nurse said handing me the envelope as I took one last look at a peaceful looking Clara before leaving the hospital wing and out of the castle and into the cold of the winter air not sure if Clara would live to see another summer,but I knew that one thing that I would find and kill Fran if Clara died.