Near to death experience

Claras pov
I could feel people crowded around me and hands at my chest.

"Come on Clara breathe"I heard Penelope faintly say as someone continued to pound at my chest and it was then I realized I was not breathing,I opened my mouth and gasped for air, coughing up the leftover water before breathing normally again.

"Thank god your ok"Penelope said excitedly and hugged me before I could sit up.

"What happened?"I asked after Penelope let me go and saw that Quinn was sat next to me breathless,his blue eyes meeting mine and he smiled.

"You nearly drowned that's what happened!"Quinn replied for Penelope not once taking his eyes off of mine.I frowned in thought as I remembered what I had heard headmaster Dippet say in his office.I looked away from Quinn up to the people surrounding me and I soon saw the grey haired old man who was wearing his red cloak.

"I think it is clear that Miss Pevensie is in the safe hands now come on everyone"Headmaster Dippet told the crowd as they all walked over to the boats.Quinn and Penelope helped me up wrapping a towel around me before helping me over to the boat.Once we were all sat down the boat began to move and took us to the docks.

"Are you sure you are able to walk?"Penelope asked me worriedly as I nodded and hurried out of the boat to try and find Tom.I had not seen him in the crowd of people and I could not see him among the students all trying to get back inside the castle to get into the warm away from the bitter December air.

By the time I got back to the castle the stone was floor was cold underneath my bare feet as I quickly made my way to the common room hoping to find Tom.I said the password to the painting of Salazar Slytherin and entered only to find the chair that Tom always sat in empty.I was determined to find him so I went up the steps to his room and knocked and heard movement inside.

"Tom?"I said questionably in case it was someone else.I opened the door to find Victoria in the room.

"What are you doing in here?"I asked nearly losing my balance in shock.

"Oh you know"She replied dazed and used his feather quill to brush her cheek as I rolled my eyes.

"Hoping to find Tom to woo him"I said and wrapped the towel around me tighter as I felt a cool breeze rush through the room.

"Well its not like anyone else is after him"Victoria replied quickly her straightened gold hair falling just below her shoulder with slight bounce in it.

"Yeah its not like half the schools girls are after him"I said and frowned when Victoria began to rummage through Toms stuff.

"Should you really be touching that!"Another voice came from beside me and in a flash my eyes met Toms and I couldn't hide the smirk on my face when Victoria went as pale as a ghost but she quickly regained herself.

"Oh hey Tom this is a nice place you have got here"She tried to sound seductive but it really wasn't working.

"I should probably be going"I announced and rushed off down the stairs back to my dorm where Penelope was bouncing on her bed.I closed the door behind me leaning against it for a bit of support.

"Whats wrong?"Penelope asked her Ginger unruly curls bouncing with her.

"I just saw something that will haunt my nightmares."I replied and Penelope laughed.

"What?"I asked as she got off the bed.

"Nothing"Penelope said smirking as she walked into the bathroom shutting the door behind her.A knock came at the door and I opened it only to find Tom.

"What?"I asked sounding a bit more moody than I wanted it to sound.

"We need to talk"Tom replied his dark fathomless eyes meeting mine.

"I am busy right now"I replied and tried to shut the door on him only for him to put his foot in the way.

"I have managed to persuade headmaster Dippet to let us stay here for Christmas instead of going back to that place they call an orphanage" Tom said walking past me with his hands behind his back as he continued talking as if I had never tried to shut him out.

"Oh...good"I said a little too shocked.

"Your acting funny today"Tom said turning on his heels to face me.

"Am I?I haven't noticed"I replied not meeting his eyes in case he used Legminens on me.Before I could register what was going on Tom had grabbed my hands and was playing with them standing inches away from me.

"Why do you always push me away?"Tom asked sounding hurt not looking up at me but at my hands.

"I didn't know I have been pushing you away"I replied and Tom looked up still holding my hands.

"Ever since he came into the picture you've been growing distant"Tom said his face turning hard and unreadable.

"I don't know what you mean"I said confused forcing Tom to look at me.

"Quinn"He replied simply, kissing my forehead before leaving me alone in the dark dormitory with the sound of  a shower going in the background.I closed my eyes and pushed my hair away from my eyes,how could I have been so stupid? Tom would have noticed that I was being nice to Quinn but it was nothing serious I didn't love Quinn I just liked him as a friend and now Tom suspected that I had feelings for him.Great just great.

AN:Sorry that I took so long to update but here you are so I hope you liked it and please comment what you thought I love getting comments even if it is constructive criticism just be aware that I try my best to get information about Toms era but it is hard to get as there is not much said about him.Thanks for reading.