Dance practice

The class sat in awkward silence as the teachers informed us of the yule ball,the boys were sat on benches on one side of the room and the girls on the other.I was sat next to Penelope staring at my feet hoping that this would be over soon.

"Now Mr Malfoy stand please"Professor Mcgonagoll instructed and Malfoys friends pushed him off the bench and over to the expectant teacher who stood with her hands up waiting for him to come closer.

"Put your hand on my waist Mr Malfoy"She continued once he had reached her.

"What?"Abraxas seemed to be really embarrassed which of course made me look up and smirk.

"Your hand goes on my waist and this one holds my hand."Mcgonagoll moved Abraxas hands to her waist and hands.

"One,two,three"Mcgonagoll instructed as she moved expertly where as Abraxas was going a little out of line.

"Now everyone else find a partner and for goodness sake dance"She said looking over her shoulder at us all and at first everyone was reluctant but then Penelope stood and grabbed a boys hand dragging him onto the dance floor while I laughed.Before I could find a partner myself Tom stood before me with his hand held out.I smiled and took his hand letting him lead me onto the dance floor.He put his hand on my waist and with the other held my hand staring deeply into my eyes and the world seemed to fall away the music could no longer be heard and Toms hand went onto my back and he pulled me closer until we were inches apart.

"Tom"I said slowly but then I seemed to hear the music again and pulled away a little when I realized there was no space between us.Everyone stopped dancing when the music stopped and we were all dismissed but me and Tom did not move from the spot where we were.

"See you later"I said quickly after we had been gazing at each other and out of the corner of my eye I saw Victoria walking over.I grabbed my bag and walked over to Penelope who was blushing like crazy after the guy she had danced with kissed her on the cheek  and flashed her a dazzling smile before catching up with his friends.

"Wow"Was all she said and I smiled and chuckled grabbing her hand and dragging her off to next class.

"Come on you can snog him some more later"I said over my shoulder to Penelope who whacked my arm in embarrassment.This sure was going to be a long day...

AN:Sorry this is so short but I will do another update again later.Thanks for reading  and comment what you think :)