Saving Harry Potter

Shutting the door to 12 Grimmauld place behind me I made straight for the park just across the road five minutes late. Having been lectured by Moody about how if I was to be counted as a member of the Order I would have to remain loyal and not switch sides at any point...not that I would, I wasn't going to side with a monster just because of what is now in the past, yes, I do still love him but he's not the same person I fell in love with.

The paths of the park were barely lit and the only light available was from the street lamps on the street behind the park gates. Taking one steady step at a time I took my wand out when footsteps ahead sounded. Standing with my wand pointing towards the area the owner of the footsteps would appear I hardly expected to be dragged into the bushes and a hand wrap around my mouth to muffle the surprised squeal I let out.

"Don't turn around" Penelope's voice sounded behind me in a furious whisper, which I was thankful that she wasn't some weirdo hanging around the park at night. We waited in silence for whoever was making the footsteps to turn the corner. I should have probably been more surprised when Wormtail turned the corner, sniffing the air, his blue eyes wandering around the area until they met mine...I had forgotten that rat's had a good sense of smell.

Removing Penelope's hand from my mouth I muttered a 'run' before we made a break for it. Had Wormtail been further behind us I would have headed straight for the head qaurters, but he wasn't, and that meant that we would have to have a late night jog around London until we either managed to lose him or apparate. After what seemed like forever he had ran out of breath, we kept running though, at least until we felt he was really gone.

"Can we stop now?" I couldn't help but discreetly smile, Penelope was after all not a natural born runner, so in this case she had done quite well.Too out of breath to answer I simply put my hands behind my head, making sure to open up my lungs and be able to get my breath back quicker.

"Where are we?" Having just been trying to figure that out myself I turned to my friend who was red as a beetroot and shrugged... that was until Penelope began to read a sign behind me, causing me to also turn and read it. Being met by the place I had hated most as a child made me not only freeze but my breathing to hitch, and for my hands to go back by my sides.

"Wool's Orphanage"

"Isn't that where you grew up with To-"

"Don't!Not here,not now" I snapped, now realizing where I was went down an alleyway, following it until we were once again walking along Grimmauld place.Penelope apparated saying a quick goodbye and claiming she would answer all my questions in a letter while I made for number 12,which was of course hidden from sight, with three taps on the pavement it revealed itself, just as Kingsley, Tonk's and Moody along with two other wizards stepped out the front door, brooms in hand.

"Ah there you are, we had been wondering where you had snuck off to" Moody's welcoming wasn't at all surprising, he didn't trust me and why should he? I have known who he knows to be the darkest wizard of all time my entire life, surely that would make anyone not really trust me.

"I didn't sneak off anywhere!I told Sirius where I was going" I grumbled in reply as he raised an eyebrow and all but threw my broom at me.

"Where are we going?"

"Wait and see" After about forty five minutes of flying we ended up standing on a muggle street called Privet drive. Not really knowing what was going on, I could only follow after the others as we entered number four and tiptoed around upstairs. Everyone else was up ahead searching the other rooms,when I noticed a light coming from the room beside me in the darkness filled house. Putting my hand on the door knob I twisted it and tried to push the door open, only to find it locked from the inside.

"Here let me have a go" I nearly jumped out of my skin as Tonk's appeared beside me and raised her wand. Together we manged to get the door open, with me using my wand as a light for her to see and hers turning the key on the other side of the door. Upon hearing the key drop to the floor we looked to each other excited, which caused the others to gather around behind us and Moody to whisper annoyed how we should be opening the door, which as he was too far away to reach used a spell to open it.

"How clean are these muggles?" Tonk's muttered in the darkness which followed the bright light from Moody's spell. I had to admit looking around, it was absolutely spotless.

"You have to admit it's too clean to have people living in it"

"Tonks, Clara...for gods sake!"

"It's not natural!" Tonk's replied a crinkle beginning to show on her forehead as Moody gave her a bit of a shove into the room. A smile soon replaced the frown as she noticed that this room was the only that looked lived in with empty chocolate wrappers and Hogwarts school books lying around.

"Professor Moody? What are you doing here?" A boy looking around the age of fifteen asked looking as stunned as ever, with a hint of a smile playing on his lips.

"Rescuing you of course!Now come on lets get out of this place before those god forsaken muggle's return."

"Heaven forbid they find us wandering around their house, its not like we can't just use magic to remove their memories of our being here" I replied to Moody's comment sarcastically, causing Tonk's to begin to laugh, only to stop abruptly when Moody glared at us both, before carrying on limping down the stairs and out the front door. The dark haired boy who reminded me of Charlus Potter excused himself past me to try and catch up with Moody.

"Where are we going? The letter said I have been expelled from Hogwarts"

"Well you haven't been not yet!Kingsley you take point" The boy frowned, a slight breeze moving his dark hair to one side, allowing me to catch a glimpse of the lightening bolt shaped scar on his forehead...so this was the boy Tom had tried to kill. Harry Potter,the boy who lived, no wonder he reminded me of Charlus, he was his Uncle.

"But the letter said-"

"Dumbledore has persuaded the Minister to suspend your explosion pending on a formal hearing" Kingsley broke in, all the while looking up and down the street for any muggles.

"A hearing?" Harry not only now looked confused but pale and sick to his stomach, obviously he hadn't had any run in's with the Ministry before.

"Don't worry Harry we will explain everything when we get back to headquarters"

"Headqaurter's? Headqaurter's of what?"

AN: Sorry its late guys, I know I just couldn't get my ideas to form together until now. I did start updating yesterday evening but it took me longer that I thought to make this chapter readable. Hope its alright. ~ Alice