Undercover

'Did you really think I wouldn't know?' Time slowed as I processed what had just happened, and before I knew what was happening, the class were filing out of the classroom, while Tom stayed, sending me a long look before he too got up, grabbed his things and walked out of the classroom. Drawing in a shaky breath, I slammed the book shut, packing my things and throwing my side bag onto my shoulder. This was very bad, if he already knew I was here, then his future self would most certainly know, just through the memory of seeing me here...in other words, whenever this time turner took my back to 1998, I was sure as hell doomed. And that was when I really became afraid, Tom still had my Horcrux, he could destroy it should it so please him.

"Are you alright, dear?" It was only at that moment that I realized I had been staring into space, still in the Divination classroom, deciding not to answer her; I brushed past swiftly making my way down the many stairs, and towards the Astronomy tower. And for choosing to go to the astronomy tower, I was grateful, as had I joined Penelope at the Slytherin table for some food, then I would never have seen the group of death eaters making for the room of requirement. Following close behind them, I was going on the fact that none of them had seen me, and that I could have enough time to change my appearance to find out what they were up to.

Hiding behind a corner, I looked for which one of them was currently missing, so far, Lestrange, Avery, Rosier, and Nott were all present, the only one who was not currently with the group was Dolohov. Stuffing my bag behind a statue of a knight, I waited for Dolohov to turn the corner, after about five minutes of waiting; he turned the corner, and by the looks of it was worried he was late, for his robes were swishing around wildly as he tried to 'calmly' rush, as to not draw attention to him. Stepping out from my hiding place, I used a silent 'petrificius totalus' on him, to which he curtly fell to the floor, his dark eyes looking up to the ceiling, I softly smiled in triumph, I could do this. Lifting his body into the air with a levitating spell, I left Dolohov in the nearest broom cupboard, knocking him out and locking the door, after performing a quick 'obliviate'.

Heading back towards the room of requirement, I changed my appearance to Dolohov, pacing in front of the room of requirement a few times, before the doors appeared. Entering, I was faced with several arm chairs, a lit fireplace, and a full to the brim room with books and old scrolls. Sat in the armchairs there was all of Tom's most trusted followers and 'friends', all silent as they waited for their leader to speak. Among the group of teenage boys, was Tom, who was busy swirling fire whisky around in its glass.

"Is it not a little early for fire whisky?" I smirked, announcing my presence as I took the remaining armchair, which I took note of the fact was furthest away from Tom, but at the same time, I still felt far too close.

"It is never too early for fire whisky" His eyes flickered over to mine, and lingered, I instantly made sure my guards were up, and this time they are weren't coming down. As if he could sense my determination, his lips curled up into a smirk, as his eyes moved away from mine to the crackling fire.

"I have summoned you all here today to talk about an urgent matter, as I am the heir of Slytherin, it is down to me to follow Salazar's wishes-"

"You mean, to purge the school of Muggleborns?" Lestrange spoke up, his face pale, as he looked sick to his stomach, almost afraid of what power Tom would have should he find the chamber. Funny, I knew exactly where it was, and if I wanted, could tell him. Standing from his seat, Tom leaned over the fire, looking so pale he may well melt with the heat, he had made a Horcrux.

"Yes, precisely Lestrange. Do any of you have a problem with that?" The boys all shook their heads, and for a moment I felt as though I were merely watching from above, that was until Tom's voice broke me from my thoughts.