Truth serum

Bursting into professor Slughorns office the professor turned around surprised with a look of shock and a fire whiskey in hand.

"Ah Clara my dear what a pleasant surprise,what may I do for you?"Slughorn smiled sweetly and I almost thought about using the sweet talk on him and getting him to make the truth serum for me,but doing that would take time,time that I didn't have.

"I was just wondering if I could make a truth telling serum this evening"I replied and Slughorn put his now empty cup down onto his desk and walked over with a smile on his face.

"Of course Clara.I don't doubt your skills so you can come in here whatever time as long as it doesn't stop you from performing your duties as prefect.Sluggy raised his eyebrows at me,tapping my badge that was neatly placed on my school robe.

"I wouldn't do that professor!"I exclaimed in fake shock and that made the professors smile grow even wider.

"No I was just fooling with you!Now I would stay and chat with one of my favorite students but um I have a lesson to get to,have a nice rest of your day my dear!"Slughorn tapped his watch for emphasis and grabbed his cap,putting it on wonkily and closing the office door behind him leaving me alone.I made for his desk once I had waited for a minute and grabbed the master potions book which only teachers like Slughorn owned,flicking through each and everyone of them.

 Jobberknoll feathers 

Dried nettles

Wolfsbane 

Horned slugs

Miseltoe berries

That's fine I had all of that.I slammed the book shut placing it back in the draw where I had found it and made for my next lesson which I was already late for...oh well its only care of magical creatures its not like I was doing badly in that class anyway and Hagrid wouldn't even realize that I was gone or if he did he would let me off,seeming as I am a perfect student...not.I rushed across the bridge,down the steps,and into the forbidden forest where the class were huddled around with Toms group and Victoria and co stood right at the back as far away from Hagrid as they could get.

Rushing past them I eyed Malfoy who scowled at me from under his mess of a hair.Joining Penelope at the front I thought I had gotten away with being late but it seems not.

"Why are you late?"Penelope whispered from beside me and I raised my eyebrows at her,thinking of a quick excuse that she would fall for.

"I had to go pee,don't you realize when the baby grows that it puts more pressure on your bladder and makes you have to "go" more often?"I whispered back and Penelope cocked an eyebrow flashing a coy smile at me before turning her attention back to Hagrid who was waffling on about the Thestrals that pulled the carriages and lived in the forbidden forest.

"Would any of you like to ride one?"Hagird asked and just like last time everyone stepped back and yet again I was the only one to be left at the front.

"Oh bloody hell!"I muttered feeling Penelope gently nudge me forward as Hagrid smiled happily down at me.

"Well,well it looks like you are quite the brave one when it comes to flying aren't ya?"Hagrid chuckled patting my back a little harder than most normal people would do and I put my hand to my stomach for any signs of distress from the baby but it seemed fine.

"Not really I don't like heights that much"I replied and half the class laughed as Hagrid led the Thestral over.

"Would you like a ride Clara?"Hagrid beamed and I felt too bad to say no to such a lovely man as him.

"Well...I don't think I should..."Hagrid frowned at  me as did half the class except Penelope and Tom who knew my situation.

"Why ever not?"

"I uh haven't been feeling well recently"Before I knew it I had been plopped on top of the Thestrals back and it was going higher in the air.My stomach churned I really didn't like this.I closed  eyes trying to get the feeling away but it only made it worse I would just have to sit tight.Five painstakingly long minutes later I was back on the ground but the churning feeling didn't go away.

"Are you alright Clara ya look very pale?!"Hagrid had worry written all over his face as I shook my head no.

"Whats wrong?"He asked helping me off the Thestral and gently placing me onto the ground.

"I am sorry I feel sick!"I exclaimed and ran off leaving my bags where they were beside Penelope and  running into the bushes away from the class.

"CLARA!!!"Penelope yelled as she ran after me as the class emitted some gasps,ewws,and laughs.Seconds later I was sick and struggling to keep my hair out of the way.Footsteps sounded from behind me and I felt my hair being gently taken from my grasp as it was held back out the way.A clean tissue was placed in front of me and without checking who it was I took it and wiped my mouth.Turning around to face whoever it was while muttering a thank you only to see that it was Tom stood behind me.I looked to the tissue and smirked.

"I don't suppose you wan't this back?"He shook his head no smiling and kissing my forehead.

"Come on lets get you to the nurse,Penelope has your bags"Tom said and took my hand leading me back through the forbidden forest towards the school.

"How have you been sleeping?"Tom asked breaking the silence between us and it only took a matter of seconds to respond.

"Terribly"I muttered and he chuckled.

"You sound very enthusiastic!"I laughed at his sarcastic comment and swung our intertwined hands as we crossed the bridge.

"One month today"I muttered but being Tom he heard and looked over his shoulder at me smirking.

"And you would know that because..."

"I can remember these things!"I replied laughing once more at his expression.

"Oh yeah?So what date did we first meet?"He raised an eyebrow at me and I rose to the challenge.

"Uhh"My mind had actually gone blank.

"I do know this!"I replied to Toms look of "give-up-because-I-am-a-know-it-all-and-will-tell-you-the-exact-second-we- met".

"My minds just gone blank"I muttered and he chuckled,giving me a quick peck on the lips before handing me over to the awaiting nurse.

"Clara,whats wrong?"The nurse walked over and led me over to her office where we could talk more privately.

"Your friend Penelope told me some of it but I am going to need some more information if you don't mind"

"No of course I don't"I replied and began to fiddle with my fingers out of nervousness.

"How have you been feeling?"

"Uh nauseous,I have been getting these pains in my lower abdomen"The nurse nodding and scribbled notes down onto her pad with her quill.  

"Your pregnant yes?"The nurse raised her eyebrows and I nodded embarassed,feeling my cheeks warm up I looked to my feet hoping that she wouldn't notice.After that the nurse had asked that I come and have weekly check ups and if I feel anymore sick I am to come straight to her.The only thing she gave me was some pills to help with the nausea but unfortunately there was nothing she could do for the pains in my lower abdomen that was a part of pregnancy.

Four hours later
Not feeling like going to lunch I lounged around in the Slytherin common room reading and lying on the sofa,using my arm to support my head.

"There you are!"Penelope squealed as she ran over to me joyfully.

"Nice to see you too..."She muttered when I didn't reply and sat down in the seat opposite,but I just stuck my finger out to silence her still looking at the page I was on intensely.I closed the book putting my bookmark in and placed it carefully down onto the table revealing a very angry looking Penelope.

"I would love to stay and chat but I really have to go"I stood and headed for the exit hearing Penelope behind me muttering.

"Go where?"I never answered her,but simply walked through the corridors to Sluggys potions class where he had left a cauldron,a wooden spoon along with a pestle.Gathering the ingredients from the cupboards I followed the instructions carefully and an hour later the truth serum was ready to use in a neat little bottle.Right,time to find Malfoy...