I had given up on you

A tear drop fell onto the picture as I sat in bed flicking through my photo album.The only sound which could be heard was the turning of pages and the rain battering the window.As I turned the page I repressed a gasp when I saw the picture of me,Tom, and Penelope all standing waving,smiling and laughing when we were in our 3rd year at Hogwarts.I looked out of the window with tears in my eyes as I let out shaky breaths,finally I managed to look back to the page and smiled sadly at Toms smile...a real smile.I stroked his cheek.

"Oh Tom where are you?I need you"I whispered unaware of the fact that the door was open and someones eyes were watching my every move,listening to every word that I spoke intently.It had to be over a year that I had seen them.Before I could stop myself I let out another load of tears facing away from the book and sitting sideways on the beds edge.Holding firmly onto it.I stopped crying when I saw someone standing by the door and looked up,it was Tom looking as brilliant as ever.

"Tom?"I asked myself if it was really him stood where he would always stand,in his school uniform still wearing his Slytherin prefect badge.

"Oh Tom I have missed you so much!"I exclaimed through happy tears running up to him and into his arms where I felt safe just as I always did.

"I must admit I had given up on you"I said pulling away from the hug so that I could look at him as he used his thumb to gently wipe away the tears.

"I am here now and I wont ever leave,not ever"He said pulling me to his chest.

"I wish we could stay like this but we need to leave everyone is on the lookout for me its not safe for you to be out with me,if they found out that you seen and spoken to me they would hurt you"Tom whispered with his chin resting on my head as he stroked my hair.

"You think I care?"I asked furrowing my eyebrows at him.

"I know you do"He replied and I blushed as he smirked and gently kissed my lips.Once he had pulled away I rested my forehead against his.Toms eyes went from staring into mine to looking at my left hand which still had his ring in on it.

"What did they do to you?"Toms voice was no longer soft but it was hard and pained.

"Who did this to you?"He continued when I didn't reply,I stepped away from him walking backwards as he walked forwards.

"Tell me!"He nearly shouted and I widened my eyes someone could have heard that.

"No!"I replied trying to stand my ground it was highly likely that I would have to go against his over protective wishes in order to prevent him from hurting someone.I had seen him hurt someone who had hurt me before and it did not end well.

"Why?I am only trying to help you!"

"I know you are,but there are some things that people just don't need to know"I replied looking to my hand wincing in pain as the cuts began to sting.A hand softly grasped it and held it firmly,Tom took out his wand beginning to heal my hand,I looked up from my hand to him to see that his eyes were fixed on my hand but it was clear that he was doing it on purpose.

"I am sorry Tom,you deserve to know and if I thought it would help someone then I would but it wont help anything if tell you"I said after a few minutes of silence between us.

"You just don't know when to help yourself do you?That's what is so annoying about you,your so innocent and pure that you need someone there to protect you! Do yourself a favor for once,your always helping everyone else out that you forget to help yourself.And I hate that!"'

"Get your things we are leaving!"Tom was clearly angry and annoyed that I didn't tell him who it was and as much as I hated to admit it he was right I never did help myself.I timidly walked over to my bag which remained unpacked from school and was about to lift it only to find Tom picking it up and walking out the door knowing that I would follow him.I smiled even when he was angry with me he always cared.I thought to myself slinging my backpack over my shoulder and picking my photo album up before following him out of the door.I don't know how but we had managed to get to the main gates when I heard someone yelling inside.

"Stop them!"It was Mr Collins,Tom had heard too as his eyes were wide.

"Run!"Tom yelled and we took off into the streets of London.It was only when we found a dimmed alleyway that Tom took my hand and we apparated escaping from the orphanage.I hoped that this would be the last time that I ever saw that place.I gasped,my eyes widening at the house before me,it was huge!

"Who lives here?"I asked looking over my shoulder to Tom who was gazing at me but his look hardened when he realized that I was looking.

"We do"