❧ CHAPTER 5

season 6 episode 9

❦ PRE - HOLIDAYS ❦

PRE - HOLIDAYS 

"You what?" Natalia screeched, glancing up at Jackson after he revealed what happened last night during Arizona's surprise birthday party which Natalia had the unfortunate luck of not attending— needing to repair an aneurism clip with Derek.

"I. Kissed. Yang." Jackson repeated slower, prompting Natalia to release her hands from her hair, giving up on putting it in a ponytail as she began to hit Jackson, "Ow! Chill out!" Jackson yelled in despair, grabbing her fists.

"Why did you kiss her?" Natalia began, "She obviously didn't give you signs— and if you think she was playing 'hard-to-get' it was simply because she does not like you." Natalia scoffed, shaking her head, forcefully grabbing her hands back as she muttered, "God, you miss one party and all of a sudden people's lips are going everywhere."

"...It was a good kiss." Jackson added, making Natalia quirk a brow and slowly raise a fist, "Until she pushed me away."

"Yeah." Natalia nodded, "No duh she pushed you away, she's taken." Natalia informed, looking at her watch before grabbing a chart from the Nurses' Station, "Now, before I leave you, I have something to tell you." She began, turning around to face him as she placed a hand on his shoulder, "Do not go kissing around people who do not like you!"

He rolled his eyes, softly pushing her towards the door as he nodded, "Go. Tell me anything that happens and go save lives."

Natalia grinned, "I intend to."

THANKSGIVING 

Ignoring the screams of pain emitted from their patient, the Sloans calmly spoke as they removed the charred skin from their patient. Natalia offered the screaming man a sympathetic glance before removing a small piece of skin from his burned leg which produced an even louder scream but, unfortunately, the two needed to continue.

"Dr. Sloan?" A woman in a red shirt spoke, interrupting their work as the siblings momentarily stopped to look her way.

"Yes?" They responded with quirked brows, wondering who she was hoping to speak to before the woman pointed at Mark, allowing Natalia to resume her work for their patient.

"Hi," The woman awkwardly smiled, "um, so this is a little weird, but..." Her hand tightened around her bag as she shifted the weight from one leg onto the other, "my name is Sloan Reilly. And, um, my mom is Samantha Reilly. And, um, I'm pretty sure you're my Dad." 

From the second the last three words escaped her lips, Mark's eyes doubled in size— which was no comparison to Natalia's unhinged jaw as she froze, relieving the patient from pain at the moment as the siblings grew shocked, unaware of Lexie, Callie, and Alex approaching their small group.