❧ CHAPTER 66

a/n : this was supposed to be with the last chapter but i wanted to just leave it like that and see how y'all would react i'm sorry. i'm a horrible person 😔

THE MAKE-UP OR THE BREAK-UP

The moment Natalia's plane landed in Greenland, she immediately went to the small cabin she went to celebrate her engagement with Owen in

The moment Natalia's plane landed in Greenland, she immediately went to the small cabin she went to celebrate her engagement with Owen in. It seemed fitting as it was the one place she knew and Owen had actually bought the cabin since she told him how much she loved it-- which made her call him crazy and told him to get an M.R.I. to check for any brain tumors that sparked spontaneity.

The M.R.I. was clear and the hospital staff teased Natalia about it for a few weeks.

"Okay," She breathed out as her eyes looked around the cabin and set her bags down, "I can do this."

"A photo, perhaps." Dr. Sommer's voice rang out in her mind, "Place it somewhere you'll pass by everyday and see if any emotions spark up."

Natalia sighed heavily, grabbing one of her bags before unzipping it and taking out two pictures-- one of her with Lexie and the other was the photo of her with Mark and Derek. She placed it on the refrigerator and used two magnets to hold them up. She stared at the two pictures for a while before shaking and falling into sobs.

"And where would you go?" Mark asked, looking over at the twelve year old as they ate ice cream-- their parents were currently having an argument so Mark took it upon himself to distract the child.

"I don't know." Natalia shrugged, licking her ice cream before smiling, "Greenland."

"Greenland?" Mark asked, frowning his eyebrows, "What sparked this?"

"A new girl in my class was showing off some pictures she took when her family lived there." Natalia smiled, "The Northern Lights looked really pretty-- and it snows a lot there, too."

"Mm." Mark hummed, "Do you even know where Greenland is?" Natalia shook her head and Mark continued, "Well, don't run away."

"You got a better plan?" Natalia questioned, sitting up as she licked her ice cream again.

"Yeah." He nodded, "I'll take you there."

Natalia's eyes brightened, "Really?"

"Yeah, sure, why not?" Mark smiled, "But when you're older, like, thirty."

"Thirty?" Natalia groaned, rolling her eyes, "That's too old."

"But then you'll get to experience the view of your dreams." Mark nodded with a smile, "I promise. I'll take you there myself."

Waking up after reliving that memory, Natalia clutched onto the bedcovers tightly as she felt tears falling from her cheeks. She brought a hand up to her chest as she tried to regulate her breathing and looked around the dark room before seeing bright red numbers.