❧ CHAPTER 30

season 8 episodes 17, 19, & 20

"Okay, let's go over the game plan again

"Okay, let's go over the game plan again." Jackson sighed, walking into the skills lab with Natalia and Mark, "If we see my mother..."

"We're buried with work today." Mark spoke in a monotone voice.

"And..." Jackson waited for Mark to continue, but when he didn't he decided to fill the missing piece, "you're sorry, but Jackson has no time to spend with her, okay?"

"He's not gonna remember this." Natalia sighed, she decided to spend her small break with the Plastics Posse while she waited for a patient's approval for a surgery with Dr. Herman.

"There you are." Catherine Avery walked in with a random woman following in suit.

The two Sloan's turned to greet her enthusiastically, "Dr. Avery!"

"Oh, Dr. Sloan." Catherine looked at Mark, "How nice to see you again. And Natalia, how many times do I have to tell you it's 'Catherine,' now get out of my way so I can see my boy." Natalia smiled, stepping away from Jackson to give Catherine room to give him a kiss on the cheek and hug, "Mwah. You look skinny." Jackson sighed as his mother looked him up and down, "Tell me you did not forget your tux."

"Tux?" The two Sloans asked.

"Jackson is my date for the Frontiers of Medicine Benefit tonight. Oh," Catherine gestured towards the random woman, "This is Dr. Mara Keaton. Mara is my star urology fellow. Mara, my son Jackson."

"Hey." Jackson extended a hand for her to shake, which she warmly welcomed.

"Dr. Mark Sloan and his sister Dr. Natalia Sloan."

Mara extended her hand to the two, "It's a pleasure to meet you three."

"Pleasure to meet you." Mark greeted as Natalia noticed her accent.

"Ooh, you're British!" Natalia smiled.

"Mara's considering Seattle Grace as an option for next year and I thought, well, who better to show her around than my son?"

"Mm." Jackson hummed, looking at Mark pointedly.

"Can you spare him for just a couple of hours?"

Mark inhaled sharply, "Absolutely."

Natalia looked at her brother, "But--"

Mark covered Natalia's mouth with one hand and continued, "Show her around. Take your time." Mark looked down at his sister, "And don't you have a surgery to get to?"

"I-I can't possibly." Jackson intervened, "We are... buried with work.

Mark shrugged, "Kepner can cover for you."

"Perfect." Catherine smiled.

"Perfect." Mark nodded, "Welp, let's get you to surgery, huh." Natalia glared at her brother as he put an arm around her shoulder and guided her out the door.