❧ CHAPTER 67

season 12 episode 12

Natalia held a cup of coffee in her hand as she smiled after kissing Owen

Natalia held a cup of coffee in her hand as she smiled after kissing Owen. He chuckled, "What's up with you and the happy mood this early in the morning? You like sleeping in."

Natalia shrugged, "What? I can't be happy just cause?" Owen quirked an eyebrow and Natalia admitted, "I have three back-to-back fetal surgery cases scheduled today."

"Ahh." Owen let out a hum, nodding as his pager went off before kissing her forehead, "I have to go."

"Mm." Natalia hummed, reaching up to kiss Owen one last time.

"Meaning you have to let go of my scrubs." Owen reminded with a whisper as he pulled away, gesturing to Natalia's hand that held his shirt.

"Oh," Natalia chuckled and let go, "fine. Go save some lives."

Owen walked away and opened the door-- accidentally bumping into Amelia, "Oh."

"Hi." Amelia chuckled, walking inside with one boot which made Natalia frown her eyebrows as Owen left to the E.R.

"Uh," Natalia cleared her throat, "Amy?"

"Yep?" Amelia stressfully sighed, dropping her scrubs and shoes on the couch along with her bag.

"...You're only wearing one boot."

"I know." Amy nodded, "I was late. And I couldn't find the other one."

Natalia nodded her head with frowned eyebrows, "Oh... okay..?"

"I'm not bootless 'cause I'm drunk." Amelia explained, taking off her shirt, "I just got my sixty-day chip. I am bootless because I had sex with Elliot--"

"Okay." Natalia cringed, scrunching up her nose as she drank her coffee.

"--and his apartment is very dark. And I was very late because of the sex, which was so great."

"Amy." Natalia groaned, wanting to cover her ears or walk away.

Amelia put on her shirt as she continued, "So I just through 'screw it.' I may not know where my boot is, but it's gonna be a great day."

Noticing Amelia was done with her tangent, Natalia squinted at her, "I hate you."

"No, you don't." Amelia shook her head, putting on her sneakers before sighing, "I have to find my boot."

Hearing footsteps approach the surgical table, Natalia looked up briefly and frowned her eyebrows when she saw Jackson, "Hey--"

"Hey." Jackson greeted, clearing his throat as the news was fresh in his brain, "I, uh, I just got some news."

"Okay." Natalia nodded and tilted her head, "Did someone die?"