❧ CHAPTER 43

season 9 episode 22 & 23 & 24

Natalia, unlike Owen and Ethan, had never had an interest in soccer

Natalia, unlike Owen and Ethan, had never had an interest in soccer. So as the boys played outside in front of the E.R. entrance, Natalia played goalie. 

"Come on, Ethan!" Natalia cheered from her position, guarding the goal from Owen, "You got this!"

Owen turned back briefly to look at Natalia with betrayal, "Really, Lia? Really?"

"Mm-hmm." Natalia hummed with a smile as Ethan kicked the ball but Owen grabbed him.

"No!" Ethan cried out as he saw the ball go the other way, "Not again." Owen laughed, putting Ethan back on the ground and he tried to find the ball but Ethan already found it. Kicking it, Natalia got out of the way for the goal to score and he called out the score, "4-0."

Owen looked at him with an arched eyebrow, "3-0." He grabbed the ball from Natalia and placed it in the middle, "The first one didn't count. I wasn't ready."

"Eh." Natalia shrugged, "I think it was 4-0." Ethan gave Natalia a high-five before going back to kick the ball away from Owen.

Ethan and Owen kicked the ball around before Ethan paused, "What if he never wakes up?"

Owen sighed, "We're not there yet. Okay?" With the advantage of having Owen distracted, Ethan kicked the ball towards the wall they claimed was the goal, "Hey."

Ethan smiled, "5-0."

Natalia threw the ball to Owen, who said, "I wasn't ready."

Natalia smiled at him, "It's 5-0. A good soccer player is always ready."

"Ethan." Nancy, Ethan's grandmother, came out of the hospital to look at him, "Let's go, dear. We're going to go back to the hotel, just for a few hours. I need a nap."

Natalia walked up next to Owen and he wrapped an arm around her waist as Ethan turned around to look at the two with the soccer ball in hand and whispered, "I'd rather stay here with you two."

Owen crouched down to tell Ethan, "I think it's a good idea, buddy, okay?"

Natalia suggested, "You can go get a snack, watch some tv..."

Owen nodded and assured Ethan as he got back up, "I promise we will call you if anything changes, okay?"

Ethan nodded sadly, throwing the ball back to Owen and walked away with his grandmother. Natalia looked up at Owen, "He's gonna wake up." She smiled, "I'm sure of it."

Ever since the new board called the C.D.C. on Bailey, she had been locked up in her lab. So, when she went to the bathroom, they took the advantage to try and talk to her while she was out of her cave.

"Oh, good." Natalia sighed in relief as she approached the other board members with Jackson.

"We didn't miss it." Jackson smiled, walking to the small line outside of the ladies bathroom.