❧ CHAPTER 37

season 9 episode 9 & 10

Natalia looked at Meredith as April and Cristina walked behind them, all of the women headed towards their table in the cafeteria to eat, "Lizzie's here?"

"Yeah," Meredith nodded as Natalia bit into her apple and they sat down, "she's going to give Derek a piece of her nerve from her leg so he can operate again."

"Flowers, music--" April listed as she and Cristina sat down, "it's a recipe for disaster."

"April," Meredith assured, "you're going to be fine. Don't worry about it."

"Oh, come on. Don't tell her she's gonna be fine. You're gonna be looking all pretty, little bit of lip gloss on your prude-y little mouth."

Natalia, wanting to tease April, joined in, "Your dress shines with the beautiful lighting Bailey set up that it shines so brightly it catches Jackson's eye from across the room."

"He'll try to look away, but he can't." Cristina continued, "You're irresistible in your dress. One drink, and you're doing the hippity-dippity in the coat room."

"The dress? Oh, God." April got up, walking away from them as she went to find Jackson to scheme of a plan for them to not sleep together since her dress was strapless.

"Oh, my God." Natalia realized, looking at the two other women, "I need to find a dress." The two laughed as Natalia walked away and found Derek's sister in the hallway, "Lizzie!"

Liz turned around with a smile and walked up to Natalia with open arms, "Natalia!" She hugged her and separated, looking Natalia deeply in her eyes, "I'm so sorry, I heard about Mark and I--"

Natalia waved her hand at Liz, "It's okay." She hooked her arm with Liz and began to walk down the hall, "So, I've been invited to a wedding and I need help finding a dress."

After finding a dress with Liz the next day, Natalia began to realize that Owen, a man that she had been un-officially together with for a month now, had started to ignore her-- passing her in the halls without a greeting or simply turning the other way. So, when she saw him go into an on-call room, she decided to follow him inside.

"Why have you been ignoring me?" Natalia questioned, looking at Owen, who sat down on the bed and looked at the floor.

"I chose the airline." He mumbled, yet it was not loud enough for Natalia to hear so she continued.

"W-What is it? Did I somehow manage a way to piss you off without realizing it? Because I think--"

"I chose the airline!" Owen spoke up, getting up from the bed as regret and guilt filled his words. He stared at her, his piercing blue eyes looking into her forest green ones as he continued, "We had to make a budget cut of 4%... and we had a line item of emergency transportation. We never used it, and we had a... fancy charter company, and I chose a... cheaper one. You want to know why it was cheaper?"