❧ CHAPTER 58

season 11 episode 20

"You've missed a lot since you've gone to D

"You've missed a lot since you've gone to D.C." Natalia commented, sliding up next to Derek at the Nurse's station.

"I know." Derek sighed heavily, giving the nurse his patient tablet, "But I'm here now. I'm back."

Natalia nodded, "You are."

Derek's eyes slowly met Natalia's, "...What--?"

"And you missed--"

Derek's face morphed one of realization as his eyes expanded, "I missed the twin's birthday party."

"Well," Natalia shrugged, "nothing really happened other than them ripping apart the wrapping paper and bags for gifts and them smashing Owen and I's faces into cake."

"Oh," Derek waved a hand with a smile, "then I missed everything." Natalia laughed as he continued, "Did anyone take pictures? Videos?"

"I'm pretty sure April has the video." Natalia nodded.

Derek pointed at her, "I invited Elliot to fish, Owen should join."

"So he could be a third wheel to you reprimanding Elliot about being with Amy? Yeah," She shook her head, "I don't think so."

"Elliot's with Amy?" Derek asked, clearly not knowing what Natalia was talking about and Natalia turned to him with an awkward smile.

Awkwardly chuckling, Natalia spoke, "I thought she told you."

Derek nodded slowly, "I guess that's what she was going to tell me later today." Natalia facepalmed and Derek changed the topic, "The twin's are growing up fast... when can Owen and I coach their soccer and dance practices?"

Natalia laughed, "When they're ready to choose a sport for themselves."

Derek nodded, looking over at Natalia, "Mark would be proud of you."

Natalia's eyes met Derek's, "Really?"

Derek nodded with a smile, "Really."

Running into an almost empty elevator, Amelia blew air out of her mouth as she prepared herself for the incoming traumas from a plane crash.

"Hey." Elliot's voice surprised her, causing her to look at her right.

"Hi." She greeted back, eyes not meeting his.

Elliot frowned his eyebrows, trying to get his eyes to meet Amelia's, "...Amelia--"

"I just don't think this--" Amelia explained, "us-- is a good idea." Elliot nodded slowly, "Mixing work and play."

"Play?" Elliot softly scoffed, rolling his shoulders back and facing forward, "Play?" He repeated, slouching slightly as the word felt as if it was mocking him.