❧ CHAPTER 49

season 10 episode 18

"There's a viral infection running rampant around the hospital--"

"Oh, great." Natalia rolled her eyes with a smile, kissing Owen in the on-call room, "I was hoping to be greeted with the speech you'll give the staff later."

Owen looked down at her, "I'm just saying-- you work with kids. Kids get sick."

"Well," Natalia shrugged, "I don't."

Owen quirked a brow, "Everyone gets sick."

Natalia shook her head, "Mark, Derek, and I came up with ways on not to get sick the last time we all worked together in a hospital and it worked." She chuckled, "Addison was the only one who got sick because she didn't think ahead."

Natalia smiled, bouncing to a stop next to Derek after a successful peds surgery and she turned her head to look at him and immediately stepped away, "Jesus, Derek. You look sick." 

He squinted at her, "I am not sick." He glanced at the nurse yet kept a hand on his mouth since he felt nauseous, "Just call all the colleges. See if anybody there can speak it."

The nurse nodded as Meredith and Leah approached the two, with Meredith greeting the two, "Hey." She looked at her husband in worry, "Are you okay?"

Natalia shook her head as Derek answered, "Uh, if you can speak Estonian. My translator called in sick."

"You don't look good." Meredith glanced at her husband, "Are you getting this thing?"

"I don't get sick. It's an unspoken rule." 

"We don't get sick." Natalia corrected, applying hand sanitizer and looking at Derek with frowned eyebrows, "You do look sick." She pointed at him, "Stay away."

Derek nodded his head in mockery as she walked forward and bumped into Jackson, "Hey."

"Oh, God." Natalia groaned, looking at his sick appearance, "If I get sick, I'm gonna kill you."

"Sorry." He sniffled, "I'm gonna--gonna go home." He pointed to the elevator and Natalia nodded.

"Yeah, you go do that."

After updating her patient, Natalia left the patient room and coughed into her arm as Owen approached her, questioning, "I thought you don't get sick?"

"I don't." Natalia nodded with a smile, using as much energy as she could to not look weak, "Jackson came to me after I finished my surgery and he was sick. I think I'm having some type of reaction to it, but I'll be fine." She assured, "I'm not sick."

Owen looked at her in concern, with a hand about to touch her forehead, "Are you sure?"

Natalia grabbed his wrist before his hand could touch her and nodded, "I'm sure."