❧ CHAPTER 42

season 9 episode 18

Owen and Natalia stood in front of the LODOX, a new full body x-ray scanner that the hospital invested

Owen and Natalia stood in front of the LODOX, a new full body x-ray scanner that the hospital invested. Owen stared at in awe while Natalia heard him gush about it.

"13 seconds to run a low-exposure, high resolution, full-body x-ray." He smiled, "When this E.R. reopens tomorrow, this thing is gonna save us time, money, and lives."

Natalia leaned closer to Owen as she looked up at him and he wrapped an arm around her, "You're really excited about this thing, huh?"

He nodded happily, "We're gonna be able to do a complete evaluation of, uh, G.S.W.s, stabbings, crush injuries, without ever having to leave this E.R."

Natalia turned her body to face Owen as she wrapped her arms around the back on his neck and he placed his hands on her hips, "Seems like you really like this thing."

Owen chuckled, "Yeah."

Natalia smirked as she looked up at him, "Then you should really thank the person who made it possible for you to have the thing."

Owen laughed lightly, leaning down to kiss her and she smiled. Pulling away, Owen's fingers went through Natalia's soft hair as he looked at her lovingly, admiring her in the light.

Natalia thought the words— the words that had ran rampant in her mind for the past few weeks they had spent together and although she felt it was the perfect opportunity to admit the words, she felt slight hesitation. Clearing her throat, she prepared herself, "I—"

"I love you." Owen finished, smiling softly as he spoke the words he had thought over for the past few weeks— a small chuckle emitted out of his lips as he saw Natalia's wide eyes.

"...What?" Natalia repeated, blinking as shock had escaped her.

"I. Love. You." Owen spoke again, saying the same words with a grin as Natalia's lips curved upwards.

"Oh." She beamed, glancing up at him with a nod as she responded, "I love you, too."

"Oh, well, that's good." Owen nodded, teasing her lightly as she scrunched her nose, "Otherwise, I think we might have an issue."

Natalia checked on her patient's chart next to Jackson as they stood by the nurse's station in the main lobby.

Meredith, Derek, and Cristina approached the nurse's station and Dr. Webber spoke, "I love the new logo. It really catches the eye. And, uh," He gestured to the cup of coffee he was having, "these coffee sleeves-- excellent thermal retention."

Derek nodded before pointing behind Natalia and Jackson to the random sheet on the wall, "What's up with the sheet?"

Jackson answered, "I thought you guys put it there for some kind of unveiling."