❧ CHAPTER 40

season 9 episode 16

"A packet?" Cristina asked, looking at the packet in her hand in Meredith's old house, "We're gonna convince these people to give us $175 million with a packet?"

Meredith shrugged, "It's a nice packet."

Natalia walked into the kitchen, sighing as she sat next to Cristina and dumped her head on the table, "Owen stopped calling. If this doesn't work, he'll never speak to me again."

"Once we buy the hospital, the sneaking around stops." Cristina assured, waving her hand at Natalia, "He won't hate you."

Meredith nodded, "And once Owen finds out what we did, he's gonna be the happiest of all. Derek is completely convin--" She stopped speaking as Alex walked into the kitchen. Causing Natalia to bring her head up to see him.

"Hey." Alex greeted.

Cristina brought her coffee mug to her lips, "Hi."

Meredith smiled "Good morning."

Natalia waved, "Hello."

Alex stared at them as he went into his fridge, brought out a small box of pizza and raised his eyebrows at them, "Okay, really?" He placed the box away, "It's been a week. What the hell is going on? You walk out, no warning, and now the hospital's falling apart. Yesterday a bunch of nurses walked." The three women looked at each other, "We lost lab techs, support staff."

"What?" Natalia asked in disbelief.

"I mean, if you wanted to screw the Pegasus deal, success, high five. But now people are saying that without a buyer, the whole place could go belly-up in a month. What are you trying to do?"

"We--"

"Natalia." Meredith raised a hand to stop her, and Natalia pursed her lips and nodded briefly.

Alex looked at them and Meredith shook her head, making Alex sigh, "Fine. Whatever."

 "Okay," Arizona said, looking at her friends as she looked over their presentations, "so this time, I'll do the peds and trauma stuff first."

"And then I will go into the Neuro." Derek continued.

"Okay," Callie inhaled sharply, "can somebody else do the closing? I-I was awful last time we practiced."

"No, you were fine." Arizona assured.

"We really want to end on my flop sweats?"

Natalia slightly raised her hand and shrugged, "I could do it."

Arizona nodded, "Natalia does the closing."

An assistant walked up to the group and apologized, "I'm sorry. It should be just a few more minutes. Can I get you any water or coffee?"