❧ CHAPTER 70

season 12 episode 24

"You look great." Natalia smiled, leaning against the doorframe as she watched Elliot fix his tie in the mirror, getting ready for the wedding.

"Thanks." The corner of Elliot's lips turned upwards as he adjusted the tie before Natalia walked over.

"Here," She offered, reaching out to grab the tie, "let me fix it."

"Thanks..." Elliot chuckled, letting his sister fix it, "again."

"So," Natalia's eyes darted up to Elliot, "you don't feel like you rushed anything, right? You really love her, don't you?" Natalia tied the tie tight, making Elliot nod with frowned eyebrows.

"Are you trying to choke me?"

Natalia chuckled, "No." She loosened the knot, "Of course not." Natalia gazed up at her brother with threatening eyes , "But I won't hesitate if you break her heart."

"Natalia," Elliot chuckled again, bringing his hands up to place on top of hers as he assured, "I'm not going to break her heart."

"Good." Natalia nodded, finishing tying the tie, "And that better be the answer each time I ask, or I'll hurt you."

"I--"

"She was my friend growing up," Natalia smiled, a nostalgic gleam in her eye, "and she will always be my friend. Just like you'll always be my brother." Elliot smiled before Natalia deadpanned, "But I've known her for longer, which means blood means nothing if you hurt her."

"Natalia," Elliot repeated once more, the words still genuine, "I love her."

"Good." Natalia smiled and nodded, "Good... 'cause if you didn't, I'd kill you."

Elliot scoffed, "How?"

"Probably with your tie." Natalia shrugged, gesturing to the tie on his neck as Elliot adjusted it, "Or maybe I'd get Owen to beat you up in a dark alley."

Elliot scoffed, "He would not."

"He would." Natalia nodded.

"Yeah," Owen voiced with a nod as he leaned against the doorframe, pointing at Natalia, "she's the boss."

"And maid of honor," Natalia added, looking at her phone as she frowned her eyebrows at Maggie's text about an emergency, "I gotta go."

"Mom." Amelia's voice was heard from the bathroom as Maggie leaned against the wall, a sad look on her face as she heard her conversation with her mother, "Mom! Mother! I know I was engaged before. I was there. No." Amelia scoffed at the accusation from the other line, "I am sober." Her voice broke as she spoke, "Because we love each other. Because we didn't see a reason to wait. Because people get hit by cars. We've been together for a year. Yes, we broke up, and then we..." She paused, hearing her mother's voice, "So what if it has been off and on?"