❧ CHAPTER 45

season 10 episode 4

When Natalia and Owen arrived at Jackson's so-called "sophisticated party" and walked inside with Jackson to the gala, they didn't expect to be met with circus acts for the fundraiser

Owen looked at Jackson, "You and I have very different definitions of the word 'conservative.'"

"Jesus, Jackson," Natalia said as she looked around, "what did Ari spend your money on?"

"I'm not sure." He sighed, looking around in surprise and shock as well, "But I'm about to find out." And with that, he walked off to find Ari, the woman who was in charge of setting the party up with a theme.

"Well," Natalia smiled at Owen, grabbing a drink off of a random waiter who was walking around with drinks, "I'm going to go mingle and get us some money."

After walking around the venue to scope out who to impress, Natalia walked up to Cristina and Meredith at the exact time Owen did.

"We are in trouble." Owen stated as he approached the group, "Avery bet the farm on this party."

Natalia nodded, "And I need a plan of escape A.S.A.P."

"Listen to you three." Cristina rolled her eyes at her three friends complaining about the party, "This is not that difficult. Just be charming. Use the same skills you would if you were picking someone up at a bar." She looked at Meredith and referred to how she met Derek, "I know you know how to do that."

Natalia grabbed Owen arm, "If you actually try to pick up any girl here, I'll--"

Owen diffused her slight anger by kissing her on the forehead, "I won't." He referred to Arizona's cheating, "You gotta let that go."

"I did." Natalia nodded, looking at Meredith and Cristina, "But my ex-boyfriend is here so--"

"Who?" Cristina asked, not hearing that last part because of the music.

"My ex-boyfriend." She sighed, "The one who I caught cheating on me."

"Oh." Cristina grimaced

"Where?" Owen and Meredith asked as they look around.

"Way to be nonchalant, guys." Cristina chuckled.

Natalia looked around as well and shrugged, "I don't know, I can't find him now."

"Well," Owen spoke, "if he bothers you, come find me." 

"Oh," Natalia waved a hand at him and joked, "you'll probably be off flirting with some dames." Owen laughed and she blew air out of her mouth, "I just want to go home and--"

"You can't go home." Meredith stopped her, "Jackson said the department that raises the most money gets 10%."

Natalia's eyebrows rose before she grabbed a drink off of the waiter, drank it all and nodded, "Then, I'm off."